Temp issues. - MG-Rover.org Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-12-2014, 20:12 Thread Starter

Car: MG TF
Temp issues.

So, had the Tf now for about 4 months, great car, really chuffed, but I sense I have a problem.
When I bought, it, it was suggested that the HG had been replaced, because the colour of the coolant indicated it had been contaminated, oil was fine, and the car ran absolutely fine. It was suggested that I should get the coolant changed, and that's when the problems started.
The heaters do not pump out as much warm air as was expecting,based on my experiences with my F.
The temp gauge (which sits slightly higher than my F did, just above the mark below half way) gets up to speed, quick enough, but sometime, not a hint of warm air comes out, until well into ,my journey.
I bled the front bleed screw today, and a reasonable amount of air came out, so I am hoping that I will see an improvement tomorrow.
My concern now, is I am told that, if you take off the coolant cap, you should be able to see the coolant flowing across the tank as it circulates the system, but it does not, and it has been suggested that I have hgf, but I would be surprised at this, as my problems only started after replacing my coolant.
Sometimes, in traffic, the temp gauge creeps up, and but as I move off, it stabilises.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-12-2014, 20:37
Think before you type!

Car: Flame Red '95 MGF, 64 Suzuki Swift SZ-L, 13 VX Astra, 07 C1 & 59 Fiesta.
1) Replace the cap.

2) Set the heater to hot and bleed from all THREE bleed points.

For .org forum only search results in Google, add "site:mg-rover.org" after your search criteria

Treat others as you would like to be treated yourself.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-12-2014, 20:51

Car: MG TF
Second bleed point is up behind some plastic by the snorkel in the bonnet area, the third is accessible with the engine access panel off - it is just a bleed screw sticking out of a coolant pipe on the pax side(ish).