TF sport packs - MG-Rover.org Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 15-03-2017, 09:01 Thread Starter

Car: MG TF
TF sport packs

I have a '05 TF135 Cool Blue. How can I find out if it had sport pack 1? It is very hard to measure 10 mm difference in the ride height. I need the information for wheel alignment. The inside edges of the rear tyres are worn almost down to the canvas so something is badly wrong.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 15-03-2017, 10:28

Car: 06 MG ZR+120
As the springs will have sagged somewhat after 12 years, you probably won't be able to tell much from the ride height anyway.

Have a look for a part number on the front dampers - the Sports Pack suspension assemblies had the part number RND000700, which should be on a label stuck to the damper casing. If the dampers have been replaced at any time, the sports pack dampers have the part number RND000890.

If the labels have become too damaged or are missing, you can measure from the centre of the lower damper bush to the underside of the spring cup - standard damper will measure 79mm, sports pack damper will measure 72mm.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 15-03-2017, 10:29
Administrator

Car: MG TF 135 Platinum Silver, Skoda Roomster
Garages
Being a Cool Blue SE it will have been built sometime in 2003 to 4 so it will not have the 05MY upgraded suspension. I am not sure being an SE that SP1 would have been an option.
The front struts will have a different part number if you can find it there were some threads back 10+ years ago on this topic of finding the codes.
It should be noted that if the car still has the factory fitted rear suspension arms than these are fixed from 03MY and on and so there isn’t a lot of adjustment that can be made unless the arms are changed for early type.

Edit: Man in the Car has faster fingers...

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 15-03-2017, 13:57

Car: MG TF 135 Cool Blue (silver), 3 MGBGT's, Land Rover Defender 90
My Cool Blue was built in June 2004 and there were 20 more built after it according to MG-Rover.info. I would not think your car will have the 05 suspension upgrade and as far as I am aware the Cool Blue SE never had SP1 fittted as standard.