What have you done to your MGF MGTF today? (Second Part) - Page 9 - MG-Rover.org Forums
 102Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #161 of 398 (permalink) Old 18-02-2017, 10:40

Car: MGF VVC MK2
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanMc View Post
What?!

How many cars did you do?
Everything, EVERYTHING is a beam in the bum... not a SINGLE thing go easy.
Luckly I did change the nipples to SS ones two years ago.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #162 of 398 (permalink) Old 20-02-2017, 13:44

Car: MG TF
Drove it to work... (Slave cyclinder) was fixed by Jon Norris on Saturday.
God I love my car!

While he was there, he also swapped over my steering wheel for a black and blue leather one I bought with my black and blue leather seats and also changed over expansion tank for a new one.
The old one was opaque from discolouration caused by a previous hgf.
post #163 of 398 (permalink) Old 04-03-2017, 15:47
Supporter

Car: MG TF 160
Put a second horn in, courtesy of our sponsor, to undo some of the cutbacks that MG-Rover did with project drive. Seems rude to have a spare hole with nothing to shove in it!
Also pulled my carpets back and found the wet had returned, so fan heater employed to force dry the cockpit and carpets.
Also lubricated my bonnet catch, as it felt as though it may be stiffening up a bit.
My mate, Andy, a new owner of a TF popped up and we also took his hardtop off and removed his softop completely, as he had no idea what condition it was in. Needs a new window but it will scrub up.....can you get Renovo in blue?

Finally I purchased a full set of spare brake calipers front and back to do up, so made a start on the back ones, all wire brushed off and back to shiny metal again and a coat of Jenolite rust treatment before repainting them on Monday.
Once done, I will swap them over every couple of years and clean and repaint them once removed so I will always have a nice clean and shiny set of red calipers on or if a set seize I have a set ready to put on.

Sundance
Mikeadman likes this.

post #164 of 398 (permalink) Old 04-03-2017, 17:39

Car: MGTFx2, Citroen C4, SAAB 9-5 & Vauxhall Vivaro Van
Well, after deciding last September that I hated the piece of poo and left it sat there until the beginning of Feb when it went to have some paintwork, it has now come back all nice and shiny and I've decided that we'll be friends again.

So today I've started doing some bits to her again and now have a heater blower motor that works on all speeds, new grooved and dimpled discs all round (which must add at least another 5bhp)
and new set of wheels and tyres (and no, I'm not saying what tyres they are for fear of starting yet another tyre war!!!)

Only problem to sort out now is why she intermittently gets hot and I get loads of air out of the matrix

No doubt "teddy will get thrown out of the pram" over the coming weeks but I think my wife's used to that by now!!!
post #165 of 398 (permalink) Old 04-03-2017, 20:05

Car: Rover 620ti, 2x 1996 MGF, 4x MG TF, Mazda Bongo, 2x 1999 MGF, 1972 Ford Cortina Mk3 Citroen Picasso
Took clutch slave cylinder off my red TF to put on my blue TF as the red one not on the road at the mo and the seal gone on the glue one....pointless exercise, seal in the slave cylinder of the red one was knackered as well
post #166 of 398 (permalink) Old 06-03-2017, 11:12

Car: MG TF 135 Spark
Took the car in for the MOT this morning. Passed so another year of motoring ahead.
post #167 of 398 (permalink) Old 06-03-2017, 16:40

Car: 1971Triumph TR6, 2006Jaguar X Type 2.5 AWD, 2008 Volvo C70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katrew View Post
Took the car in for the MOT this morning. Passed so another year of motoring ahead.
Brilliant another year of fun

Cheers

Mike
Katrew likes this.
post #168 of 398 (permalink) Old 06-03-2017, 20:07

Car: MGF
First day of what I would call 'nice weather' this year, so off came the hard top, down went the soft top and away we go!! - roll on even better weather!!
post #169 of 398 (permalink) Old 14-03-2017, 15:21

Car: MG TF Trophy Blue
I fitted a Leather / Alacantra interior to my TF today

Very happy with it especially as it only cost me 55 quid in total.
post #170 of 398 (permalink) Old 14-03-2017, 17:18

Car: TF 135 05 Ignition blue
Had the front bumper off yesterday to put in a nice shiny stainless steel grill, it came off pretty easy as I followed CJJ's guide but had problems putting it back on again trying to locate the last couple of screws. Last week I decided it was time to tidy up under the bonnet, first I fitted a servo bracket and then began replacing all the original under bonnet bolts with nice new stainless ones, yesterday with the bumper off it was easy to change the last ones. Today I'm having a rest because my 72 year old joints are a bit stiff and tomorrow the rear bumper is coming off for its new shiny grill.

I've now stopped boring the wife with what I've done to the TF, she just doesn't understand the pleasure one gets from buying shiny bolts and other bits, grills, brackets, wheels as well as lying on a hard driveway half a day!
post #171 of 398 (permalink) Old 14-03-2017, 17:51
Supporter

Car: MG Montego Turbo; 620ti x3; MG ZS; MGF and MG ZT 1.8t x2; MG ZT-T x1
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throstle View Post

......she just doesn't understand.......
I've got one just like that...

What mine does understand is that during over forty years of marriage, she has had a succession of very reliable daily drivers at her personal disposal which included Mini 1000s, MG 1300 Metros, Montegos and currently an nice MG ZS none of which have ever left her stranded by the road side except when rear ended by some inattentive plonker in a VW.

That does not happen by pure luck. There is a reason for such reliability. It aint Rocket Science.
IanMc and Throstle like this.

Apparently ... in a parallel universe MGJohn drives .........A.......

B>>M>>W ....

Arrrrrggghhhhh......... ......
post #172 of 398 (permalink) Old 14-03-2017, 19:32
Woof Woof

Car: TF160 Disco 3.9 XR4i 4trak Yamaha XV535
Quote:
Today I'm having a rest because my 72 year old joints are a bit stiff and tomorrow the rear bumper is coming off for its new shiny grill.

Good man. I've just hit 65 today and feeling it. Bones do start to protest a bit.
gb99 likes this.
post #173 of 398 (permalink) Old 14-03-2017, 19:39
Supporter

Car: MG TF 135, MG ZS+ 120
Garages
Send a message via MSN to LeRich
Quote:
Originally Posted by gb99 View Post
I fitted a Leather / Alacantra interior to my TF today
Very happy with it especially as it only cost me 55 quid in total.
Nice choice. I have the same interior in my TF. You did well for 55.
post #174 of 398 (permalink) Old 15-03-2017, 16:30
Woof Woof

Car: TF160 Disco 3.9 XR4i 4trak Yamaha XV535
Took the hard top off.
post #175 of 398 (permalink) Old 15-03-2017, 18:59

Car: TF 135 05 Ignition blue
Took the rear bumper off today and fitted a nice shiny stainless steel grill to match the front one I did the other day, getting good at this, didn't break anything or have any screws left over!
post #176 of 398 (permalink) Old 15-03-2017, 22:00

Car: MGTD, MGA,MGF(Mk2 Dec 2000) Land Rover Freelander II
Quote:
Originally Posted by barkingdog View Post
Good man. I've just hit 65 today and feeling it. Bones do start to protest a bit.

I stopped counting at 59 quite some years ago and it does help I can vouch for it
post #177 of 398 (permalink) Old 15-03-2017, 22:06

Car: MGTD, MGA,MGF(Mk2 Dec 2000) Land Rover Freelander II
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathFromAbove View Post
Everything, EVERYTHING is a beam in the bum... not a SINGLE thing go easy.
Luckly I did change the nipples to SS ones two years ago.

Did mine in 30 mins, relased bottom end of all 4 shocks so that grease gun could get on easy and that was it....
post #178 of 398 (permalink) Old 15-03-2017, 23:47
Supporter

Car: MGTF 364 days a year. L200 for 1 day of snow.
Garages
Quote:
Took the rear bumper off today and fitted a nice shiny stainless steel grill to match the front one I did the other day, getting good at this, didn't break anything or have any screws left over!
You did well. I am dreading the crash cans bracket bending or shearing off when I put a rear grill on.
post #179 of 398 (permalink) Old 16-03-2017, 15:03

Car: mgtf160
Well I got 4 s/s sub frame mounts for mine to day as some 04 reg seem to have very rusty mounts. If my mounts are not rusty I will clean them up and they can go on ebay. Then in three months or so i will do the rear
post #180 of 398 (permalink) Old 16-03-2017, 16:05

Car: MG TF Trophy Blue
Tried to do my front subframe mounts today and inevitably the inner short bolt sheared off so helicoil kit required.

So instead I replaced my washer nozzles with the Citroen misting ones, a far easier job!
helsbyman likes this.