Wind noise - MG-Rover.org Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By super_cds

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 18-04-2017, 22:18 Thread Starter

Car: MG TF
Wind noise

Sure this topic has been discussed many times before but I am just curious if with the proliferation of mobile phones anyone has actually done any measurements... Mine screams at almost 100 db at 90mph. Most of it is wind noise from the windows, the hood sights tight enough. Curious...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 19-04-2017, 17:49

Car: MGF + ZR
too many beans
fit a windstop
Mikeadman likes this.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 19-04-2017, 18:15 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by super_cds View Post
too many beans
fit a windstop
90mph on a French motorway were the limit is 80mph but, and I know it is not an excuse, I only did 90 for a short overtake. Too much noise to cruise at that speed for hours.

I have a windstop, the OEM one, but this was with the roof up. Unfortunately the weather was not very good. The noise is from the front seals. I wonder if convertible 911s etc also do that kind of noise or is the design of the hood different?

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 22-04-2017, 20:13

Car: Crystal White (Pearl) LE500 #133. Previously; TF160; F
i can honestly say that wind noise is not that bad for me, even at 90. my roof is a tight taut fit and the windows don't really have any gaps. you can certainly hold a conversation with a passenger at that speed without shouting. maybe you roof fitment is not as good
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 24-04-2017, 18:15
Woof Woof

Car: TF160 Disco 3.9 XR4i 4trak Yamaha XV535
Even nosier with the top off. Especially on busy motorways.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 24-04-2017, 18:20 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by roobs View Post
i can honestly say that wind noise is not that bad for me, even at 90. my roof is a tight taut fit and the windows don't really have any gaps. you can certainly hold a conversation with a passenger at that speed without shouting. maybe you roof fitment is not as good
I didn't have to shout but honestly if you are planning on doing anything more than 50 miles (distance) at that speed (70 or greater) you are looking for a major headache. Also needless to say that listening to music was out of the question. Now this is actually fine, it is part of the package, I don't necessarily have a problem with the noise, I was just curious about different people's levels. How loud is loud. It only takes 5 seconds next time you are in the car so pull out the mobile and take a measurement