MG-Rover.org Forums banner

Squeaky suspension

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  dan_b 
#1 ·
I think my suspension arms are on the way out. every time i hit a little bump it really squeaks. Dont suspose there is any one out there who has changed the arms on a audi a4 before dont really want to go to the dealership to get it done will cost a fortune

#2 ·
Suspension arms are quite easy to change as long as youve got decent axle stands (or access to a pit in a garage would be better :) ) The LCA's (lower control arms) shouldnt be causing the squeaking tho! Maybe the bushes need changing or the squeaking is coming from the suspension itself!

I'd liberally oil all bolts that connect the parts and see how they are after a few days, coat them all in WD40 and leave it for a day or two, then do it again and leave and then see if squeaking has gone!

If you do need to change the LCAs then you'll need a torque wrench and a good set of spanners/socket set, strength and patience will also help :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.