New Pics Of the MG5 - Page 4 - MG-Rover.org Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #61 of 166 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 11:18

Car: Fiesta 1.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy View Post
I guess it is quite highly geared so the result is about normal but I'm also wondering where exactly they are measuring the torque. Maybe the more interesting figure is the claimed 94mpg
Is it diesel hybrid electric? Would explain the torque.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 166 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 20:02

Car: MG ZS120(2005) ■■■■■□□□□□□
Quote:
Originally Posted by great_kahn View Post
Is it diesel hybrid electric? Would explain the torque.
No, it is the 1.5 NSE Petrol, however it has an electric transmission which can use power from the engine or batteries or both so the torque figure is for the output from the electric motor, guess it must have some additional gearing though. After an overnight charge it gives a 50Km range on the batteries before the engine needs to start.
post #63 of 166 (permalink) Old 05-06-2012, 23:42

Car: Mk1.5 MG ZR1.8T+, 320D Tourer, C200 Estate
Needs a 3dr model!!!!!!
Some Arch filling wheels!
And some serious OOMF to go with them sexy aggressive looks! This looks like it should be the real replacement to the ZR not that crappy tall and skinny MG3 thing!

this thing looks like it could eat fast country roads for breakfast and its not even here yet!

And if MG fail this car I'm sure it's only a matter of time before someone dropped a T16 into it lol!

But I think, if MG pull this car off and make a nice sporty 3dr model, I might have found a suitable replacement for my ZR!

I say replacement, I should say a suitable room mate. They can share the drive/garage together lol

EDIT: Having done some more research and finding out it has a torsion bars on its ass I am a little disappointed, I hope to hell the UK MG fixes this... Else I imagine it will be out handled by DaddyZR.... Although I doubt it would be long untill someone made ZR suspension fit or coilies or something...

Last edited by lukenobrains; 05-06-2012 at 23:59. Reason: Did more homework

post #64 of 166 (permalink) Old 06-06-2012, 10:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukenobrains View Post
Needs a 3dr model!!!!!!
Some Arch filling wheels!
And some serious OOMF to go with them sexy aggressive looks! This looks like it should be the real replacement to the ZR not that crappy tall and skinny MG3 thing!

this thing looks like it could eat fast country roads for breakfast and its not even here yet!

And if MG fail this car I'm sure it's only a matter of time before someone dropped a T16 into it lol!

But I think, if MG pull this car off and make a nice sporty 3dr model, I might have found a suitable replacement for my ZR!

I say replacement, I should say a suitable room mate. They can share the drive/garage together lol

EDIT: Having done some more research and finding out it has a torsion bars on its ass I am a little disappointed, I hope to hell the UK MG fixes this... Else I imagine it will be out handled by DaddyZR.... Although I doubt it would be long untill someone made ZR suspension fit or coilies or something...
Zr has beam rear suspension. Zs is independent rear.
post #65 of 166 (permalink) Old 06-06-2012, 12:01

Quote:
It's not a true torsion bar suspension as it has coil springs. The rear suspension is not much different to the ZR except that the springs and dampers are not concentric, I imagine that once it is tuned for the UK it will handle slightly better than the ZR. It won't compete with the ZS though as it can't control the wheel camber with suspension movement.

post #66 of 166 (permalink) Old 06-06-2012, 17:30

Fastest FWD production car round the Nurburgring has torsion beam, so i wouldn't get too hung up on it.
post #67 of 166 (permalink) Old 07-06-2012, 00:08

Car: 25X, 25 1.6, 25 2.0D Rep:■■■■■■■■■■
Why the hell would you want a T-16 in it ?

Its not got much DNA in common to fit one either, if you want 200BHP you might as well fit a V-Tec engine.

Yes the MG3 is tall and skinny but so is the Fabia VRS and thats no slouch.
post #68 of 166 (permalink) Old 07-06-2012, 20:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROVER-25X View Post
Why the hell would you want a T-16 in it ?
Dunno.. people trying to keep some sort of heritage? Lol
post #69 of 166 (permalink) Old 08-06-2012, 09:07

Car: Seat Ibiza
Roewe 350HB computer generated image

Personally I think that this rear end from the Roewe 350HB works so much better..

http://www.mguk.org/gallery/Cars/Roe...ck-pic_153.htm

Cheers..
post #70 of 166 (permalink) Old 08-06-2012, 09:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattykan View Post
Personally I think that this rear end from the Roewe 350HB works so much better..

Cheers..
I think the tourer version is still in the pipeline, although they are not that popular in China so it may be some time yet with the current Euro situation.
post #71 of 166 (permalink) Old 08-06-2012, 09:39

Car: Seat Ibiza
We need a time machine to speed up time..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy View Post
I think the tourer version is still in the pipeline, although they are not that popular in China so it may be some time yet with the current Euro situation.
The problem is that whilst the design may be current, give it a few years and it'll be old hat.

Cheers..
post #72 of 166 (permalink) Old 08-06-2012, 16:15

Quote:

Cheers..
I do like that... It's not as sporty looking as the 5 but it looks more luxury.

SAIC should bring back Rover too (or bring Roewe over here as a replacement, then MG can go back to being sporty models of their cars )

Then they can do both luxury and sporty, and hit 2 markets with 1 stone!
post #73 of 166 (permalink) Old 08-06-2012, 19:48

Car: Rover 100, MG ZR+, SEAT Leon SC FR
Quote:

Cheers..
Yup agreed, much tidier and has more of a quality look to it. Could easily be achievable if you mix it with the Concept5 rear end I reckon
post #74 of 166 (permalink) Old 09-06-2012, 04:56

Quote:
SAIC should bring back Rover too (or bring Roewe over here as a replacement, then MG can go back to being sporty models of their cars )

Then they can do both luxury and sporty, and hit 2 markets with 1 stone!

SIAC have nothing to do with ROVER pal, that name is owned by JAGUAR/LAND ROVER (TATA) so there could possibly be some in the future as there is no current 'super mini' or 'small hatch' in the Jag range, perhaps they could bring ROVER back in order to fill a gap in there model range, might be dreaming though.
post #75 of 166 (permalink) Old 09-06-2012, 08:50

Car: Land Rover Defender, MINI, Austin Metro
Quote:
SIAC have nothing to do with ROVER pal, that name is owned by JAGUAR/LAND ROVER (TATA) so there could possibly be some in the future as there is no current 'super mini' or 'small hatch' in the Jag range, perhaps they could bring ROVER back in order to fill a gap in there model range, might be dreaming though.
Have to say, now more than ever, with JLR's profits going skyward (cosiderably more profitable than BMW given how many units BMW shift) this is the best time for JLR to widen their appeal by the use of the Rover brand without tarnishing the Jag or LR brands in the process.

There is definitely room for them to become more mainstream and clearly using Jag or LR is NOT the way to do it. I suspect, very strongly, that TATA will use Rover at some time in the future for a number of reasons:

1) Using the TATA brand will be difficult, it has no image and attempting to emphasise links with JLR will harm JLR more than it will do TATA good.

2) JLR has an increasingly strong image and could now bestow some of that positive image on Rover which rather than be seen to be a old hat dead brand, could instead be perceived to be a quality JLR family product. This would seriously breathe new life into Rover and I don't think, given the crest that JLR is riding, would harm them at all.

3) The small car market is clearly the way the world is going, look at the latest SMMT stats that back this up and predict even more growth. JLR and Jag will never have a "small" car, they do not fit the brands and would harm them. However, an exciting, well designed car for the segment with a Rover badge - linking it to LR indirectly (kinda the same way MINI has been to BMW) would be a logical way to fill that gap.
post #76 of 166 (permalink) Old 09-06-2012, 23:43

There was a time where ROVER ment a reasonably priced quality car with lots of chrome and wood, there appeal will be wide as there are many people over many ages who had owned or know somone who has owned a ROVER and had a good experience.
post #77 of 166 (permalink) Old 10-06-2012, 10:20

However if Rover was to be reborn by JLR, I don't think JLR and SAIC would be interested in working together to do what MGR used to do the whole luxury/sporty varients of the same car...

Would be awesome if they did though, but that would involve sharing designs and such...

Perhaps SAIC could just bring Roewe over here in replacement of Rover? We could still call them MGRs then too lol
post #78 of 166 (permalink) Old 10-06-2012, 10:30

Car: Other Manufacturer
I heard jag are planning a small car, but i suspect that would carry the jag name
post #79 of 166 (permalink) Old 11-06-2012, 01:27

Quote:
However if Rover was to be reborn by JLR, I don't think JLR and SAIC would be interested in working together to do what MGR used to do the whole luxury/sporty varients of the same car.

MG-ROVER only did that due to money reasons, bit pointless doing it now, MG will prob be doing 'Hot' versions of there cars to cover that part of the market, probably under the 888 badge, theres already been some pics of a suped up MG6.
post #80 of 166 (permalink) Old 11-06-2012, 07:55

Car: Other Manufacturer
Quote:
MG-ROVER only did that due to money reasons, bit pointless doing it now, MG will prob be doing 'Hot' versions of there cars to cover that part of the market, probably under the 888 badge, theres already been some pics of a suped up MG6.
Seems to work well for the VAG group