MG-Rover.org Forums banner

poly bushes for TF

4K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  pavloboy 
#1 ·
At 5 years old i'm guessing that the OEM bushes will be past their best - and though i'm probably still a few years off MOT problems it pays to think ahead and consider something like the powerflex bushes to tighten up all thats become loose in the suspension dept.

I remember that for the F these were said to transform the car - can't say that i've heard many shouting about putting Poly bushes on TF's though, and maybe a harder bush in a car thats already less then "forgiving" in ride comfort terms may not be the best plan...

That said i'd still be tempted on longevity and preventative maintenance terms. So thought a thread to gather information about poly bush options for the TF was a good idea. Opinions anyone?

#7 ·
I put a full set on my Midget - one of the best things I did to that car.
Thanks for the links Chris - not been tempted to go for it with the TF then? - yours must surely be getting towards the point when bush replacement becomes a matter of obligation rather than choice.

I agree price is a little on the steep side for a few bits of injection moulded plastic though - no alternative manufacturer i suppose?

must be a decent profit margin there - maybe scope for a group buy?

#13 · (Edited)
Well they're not rubber bushes anyway, the short control arm outer and long arm inner bush seem to be a metal pivot with protective rubber boots. As they don't flex, just rotate and pivot about, I don't see how a polybush is going to make things any better, assuming there's no play in them. Would have thought any flexing bush (poly or rubber) would be worse as the control arms could then change length under load. Perhaps someone could explain?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.