MG-Rover.org Forums banner

"Door open" dash warning light intermittently on

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  MikeM 
#1 ·
HI All,

This has just started happening. Is it a known fault?

All doors are shut........

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

#3 ·
You may well find that it is the bonnet causing the problem and yes, it has come up on this forum. I find that mine somtimes flashed on and off intermittently when driving in high winds/ high speeds although the bonnet is in fact locked down. The bonnet is lifted by the wind just enough for the switch to break. Then as wind relaxes, the bonnet rests correctly restoring pressure to the switch and the light goes out.

I fiddled with the rubber stops and stuck a tiny block of rubber on the underside of the bonnet to ensure the switch stays pressed. I did consider disconnecting the wires to the switch and bridging them permanently, but resisted doing this.

#4 ·
Screw in a touch the two rubber stops on the bonnet slam panel. A false indication is often caused by the bonnet closing too high and therefore not fully depressing the switch you can see on the slam panel. Either that or the switch itself may be faulty

hth

Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.