MG-Rover.org Forums banner

Forte engine flush

6K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Ti Rich 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I had a visit from FORTE reps . They did a demo of their engine oil flush treatment stuff using the Rover (after they bottled out of using an old sierra we were lining up for them to do the demo on
). I had the sump off last week so changed the oil TWICE . I had changed the oil the first time and later noticed the sump-gasket leaking . Lads at work had remarked on how clean the engine was inside when I had the sump off .. 2nd oil change was when the sump went back on . . ( parts were donated free
) .

Well .. I used a FORTE flush .
We did compression tests etc on the car prior to adding the FORTE stuff .
Results were 185 , 145 , 180 , 175

After running the flush thru the engine for 15 minutes we dropped the oil and added fresh oil and filter .Even after I had done the two changes last week and the sump had been cleaned the oil that came out was slightly dirty . They reckon it was carbon build-up. We re-tested the compressions .
Result 175 , 180 , 175 , 180

On the retest on cylinder number one the needle on the geezer's NEW compression tester flew right round to the stop ( around 350 + ) , and hit it so hard that the needle bent

No idea what caused that tho .Mebbe the engine got a bit giddy .
So.. Summing up . The Rover now drives even better than it did . I would highly recommend this product to anyone after seeing the results on the Rover . They assure me that this gear is safe to use on any engine , but stress that the condition of the engine be checked first . It ain't a miracle worker , and should NOT be used on engines with very high amounts of sticky black carbon deposits . best way to check that it's safe is to look inside the rocker cover . If it's clean-ish then it's safe . If there's years of built-up sludge then it's beyond help from a chemical additive .

http://www.forteuk.co.uk/Home.htm for more details

There yer go . I don't think I missed owt .

BTW , I was taking the p1ss outta the reps when they started the demo . I was telling them their gear was a waste of money... Take it from me... It's not

See less See more
#5 ·
A mate of mine gave me a bottle of that stuff when he did a service on my car.
Put it in, it did make a bit of a difference i.e the engine seemed to be running smoother but that said id only had the car a week and i hadent done many miles in it to get used to what it was like before adding it in.

I use that redx one shot stuff now and again, but i think ill only see a permaent differance iff i use it on a few consecutive fill ups.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.