MG-Rover.org Forums banner

Different Dizzy Caps for R620 ???

608 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  bazz54 
#1 ·
Are there two different distributors fitted on 620SLi's; possibly a Lucas one and a Japanese one? Reason for asking is that I ordered a Blueprint cap (ADH214213) and it didn't fit- ended up with an Intermotor part (46978).

I found one website listing two different caps for the 620, both made by Facet; P/N 2.7982 which looked right and P/N2.7968, which was wrong (for mine).

Not sure why, but I've never been a big fan of Intermotor stuff.

B

#2 ·
Yes, two different distributor caps, as well as two different distirbutir arms were fitted to Rover 620.

You have to watch what is your VIN nmuber. Rover 600 pre mid '96 have one system fitted, while Rover 600 post mid '96 have different system fitted.

The easiest way to tell is by your fob. If you have IR fob then it is earlier type, and if it is RF fob, you have later type.

Looking by part number correct for you, you have later type, meaning your car is produced post mid '96.

#4 ·
Yes, my car was registered in 98. It's not uncommon for cars to have component variants, but this particular one seems to a bit obscure.

I changed the cap over the weekend; the old one being the original Hitachi component - no specific problem with it (and I'll keep it), but I thought that after 19 years, it was time for a new one.

B

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.