I have question about wheels sizes and brakes ..... - MG-Rover.org Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 17-05-2017, 23:16 Thread Starter

Car: Rover 600
I have question about wheels sizes and brakes .....

hello people right now i with 260BRAKE DISKS on my rover 620 petrol f20z1, so i bought used brake calipers i also bought GENUINE FRONT brake disks 282mm - i forgoto to mention brake calipers are bigger for 282mm ,also i bought new genuine brake pads so right now i am using some after market alloy wheels on my rover 620 they are 15 inches i am AFRAID AND worried i dont know if my 15 inches alloy wheels which are after market will fit with the bigger brake disks which will be upgraded from 260 to 282mm please tell me if someone got 282m as well do the 15 inches alloy wheels fit or not? some people say steel wheels fit but for alloy its little bit of doubt i need advice please . Also i am with 195/65/15 tyres if i go with 225/40/17 will my fuel consumption raise a lot or little i want to know please.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 18-05-2017, 20:33

Car: Maestros, 200, 600, ZTT
Send a message via MSN to E_T_V
If you were fitting the original 15 inch wheels then the 282mm discs fit fine (I use this set up). I cannot say for sure for aftermarket wheels however as it will depend on the shape of the wheel.

If you simply unbolt the old caliper and carrier and bolt on the new one (without changing the disc) you should be able to see if the wheel will clear the caliper once you refit it (you obviously can't drive it like this but it is a lot easier than changing the discs to find it doesn't fit!).
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 18-05-2017, 20:41 Thread Starter

Car: Rover 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by E_T_V View Post
If you were fitting the original 15 inch wheels then the 282mm discs fit fine (I use this set up). I cannot say for sure for aftermarket wheels however as it will depend on the shape of the wheel.

If you simply unbolt the old caliper and carrier and bolt on the new one (without changing the disc) you should be able to see if the wheel will clear the caliper once you refit it (you obviously can't drive it like this but it is a lot easier than changing the discs to find it doesn't fit!).
can u clarify
do u talk about
15 inches
STEEL
OR 15 inches alloy wheels there is a difference.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 18-05-2017, 21:32

Car: Maestros, 200, 600, ZTT
Send a message via MSN to E_T_V
They both fit.