Late 600 Valeo remote fob button replacements. - MG-Rover.org Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 23-05-2016, 11:59 Thread Starter

Car: Rover 25
Late 600 Valeo remote fob button replacements.

I finally managed to acquire a late 1999 V plate BRG Ti and am in the process of sorting a few jobs. One thing I need is new buttons for both remote fobs, they still work if you use your finger tip in the hole, but I really want some decent replacements. I've seen some on e-bay but they don't look great, has anyone experience of them or know of the best source for them.
Also, I once owned a nearly new 618is with a factory fitted bodykit, with side skirts and a boot spoiler which I believe was an SMC kit. Would quite like to get hold of a boot spoiler like that one, does any one have one they don't want, or know where I can lay my hands on one?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 24-05-2016, 20:39

I got some decent second hand fobs from ebay so they do pop up every know and again
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 29-05-2016, 09:09 Thread Starter

Thanks Mate, I'll keep looking. I was at a Rover breakers in Morecambe yesterday collecting some bits and clean forgot to ask if they had any old fobs with decent buttons.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 19-06-2016, 15:42 Thread Starter

I managed to get some new buttons from Ebay, they look fine and only took minutes to fit. Only trouble now is one of the fobs will no longer operate the locking on the car. Both red and green leds light, it just seems to have lost sync with car for some reason. I followed the same procedure for each, as in after splitting the cases discharged residual voltage by pressing both buttons several times,so at a loss as to what's gone wrong.
I'm positive I've used both fobs previously and that they both worked, albeit without outer button covers. Can anyone offer any suggestions, as to whats gone wrong and what I can do to get it to work again?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 19-06-2016, 15:52
Rover Lifestyle

Car: Rover 200 (95-99) 'Bubble Shape' & Rover 600
What I could suggest is to inspect fob elements on printed circuit board to see if you have any cold joint or crack in soldering.
Otherwise this could become a problem because if fobs somehow lost sync that far in case of R600 I never found that anybody offered solution how to resync them again and make them work again. R600 have different RF fob system then the other Rovers.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 16-07-2016, 13:41 Thread Starter

I have just found a card attached in rear of service book with Valeo, the part no.YWX100450 and a pair of different barcodes and numbers printed on it. I assume these are the barcodes for the remote fobs that I would need to resync my spare fob, if so I assume it has to be done by someone who has dealer level diagnostics, such as testbook or similar?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 16-07-2016, 20:47
Rover Lifestyle

Car: Rover 200 (95-99) 'Bubble Shape' & Rover 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1 3500 View Post
I have just found a card attached in rear of service book with Valeo, the part no.YWX100450 and a pair of different barcodes and numbers printed on it. I assume these are the barcodes for the remote fobs that I would need to resync my spare fob, if so I assume it has to be done by someone who has dealer level diagnostics, such as testbook or similar?
Yes, that could be a barcodes of your remote needed for programming them to your system. You need some dealer who still have Testbook software available for programming on Rover 600 cars.