I'm going to post pics as a victory dance l
Go for it!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 22-05-2009, 18:30 Thread Starter

Car: 618is V 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fodenman View Post
As you're aiming for a cone that can't be moved rather than protection from ram raiders (not yet anyway,lol)
Lol, 'yet' being the word. Like I said in a post before I wouldn't be suprised if someone knocked it down to a) destroy my post and b) claim from my insurance just to add a bit of salt into it.

Still, this is worth a go, I'm going to see the length of the bolts and take it from there. I've taken on board the rest of your post too and thank you for the info. The bit you mentioned about 'the lazy way' will almost certainly apply judging by the poor build quality by the rest of the contractors. Thankfully after speaking to my father in law I've managed to secure a drill to borrow and the resin idea sounds perfect as I'd never manage to cut into the base to make a hole without paying someone. I took a proper look at the carpark today and it's on 2 levels. The highest being the 2 rows that includes my space, then there's a drop of around an inch for the rest of the carpark. So with a bit of luck the top layer on my level is deeper than the rest. If not and it's just a slope that they couldn't be bothered to level then the resin will be the method I'll use, that's going to be a much easier way. No, I'm fairly sure it isn't tarmac, sure doesn't look like it but the actual compound is not something I'm familiar with I'm ashamed to say. It would be easy to ask the landlord, but, as they didn't mention anything about the depth I don't want to start putting doubts in their mind about letting me do it. I'm days away from getting it in and I really don't want to rock the boat at this point, especialy as the written permission came through this morning to confirm what was agreed on the phone. If I start the work and it becomes clear that it isn't going to work without cementing it in then I'll just have to pay the extra to complete it. But fingers crossed.
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 22-05-2009, 18:37 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattk View Post
Go for it!!!
lol, I'd love to make a big seen about it too, but, living here and having a 600 that sticks out like a sore thumb is not the kind of car you want to own when hacking people off. (even though it's none of their business what I put in my space, but it's a victory over them and they will not like it lol) Biggest problem is that my 600 is diamond white and sparkling. Ideal for the black marker pen artist.

Already got a nail in the nearside front tyre and had my drivers key lock pushed inside the door. Had a mondeo before this one, suprise suprise that too had a nail in the nearside front! but that tyre went flat within 30 meters. The one in my 600 is a slow puncture thankfully, the BP station makes a fortune from my 20p's for the air compressor every 2 days!

post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 22-05-2009, 18:58

Car: 420 SDLi
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 22-05-2009, 23:15 Thread Starter

Spot on, thanks mate. I'll be getting that when it arrives.

Went to the shop for about 10 mins this evening came back and someone was in my space, Waited for them to go and someone else parked there. Had enough.
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 28-05-2009, 08:33

Car: MG ZT-T+ CDTi Auto
Send a message via MSN to DMGRS
Any updates?
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 29-05-2009, 09:19

Car: 420 SDLi
"P" day should be this weekend.
JCB and Readymix ordered.
Firecrew,Mountain Rescue and Air Ambulance on standby.
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-04-2017, 06:48

Car: CityRover
Hot dip galvanized

The barriers from Jamalex are hotdip galvanized, and I think 40 isn't much for the ones, that will provide very long service life.
Check here: Heavy Duty Car Lockable Parking Barrier Car park barrier Safety Security Guard
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 15-04-2017, 13:23

Car: 25X, 25 1.6, 25 2.0D Rep:■■■■■■■■■■
Thread from the DEAD lol !