MG-Rover.org Forums banner

Rover 800 Chrome Door Trim

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  michaeljohnz 
#1 · (Edited)
sorry been a bit busy this year but I still have my car ;)

about 6 months ago I needed to replace my chrome strips in the door trims, anyway with none being available I managed to make some fit

before;

after;

more pics here.

loads more jobs carried out too, and I might get round to doing some more soon.

I'll probably sell it one day when it's finished like I always do!

See less See more
#3 ·
I was looking back through some photo's of jobs I had done on this car earlier this year.

I have painted it underneath, painted wheel arches, painted inside the wheel wells both front & rear, painted sills, painted inside sills, painted behind front bumper, inc bumper metal & power steering pipes, painted inside doors, and painted a few scabs behind rear lights and rear number plate.

all was cheap to do using a paintbrush in most cases (except for inside the sills/doors which were sprayed)

selling it is just one of those crazy ideas I had, but I always find something else to sell instead.

Anyone want a VW Polo? ha ha! (my brother's only had it 3 weeks). I'd rather sell that.

#4 ·
Hi and many thanks for this detail to replace the side trim. I've an 827 Coupe also and have been meaning to start working on this aspect for a while - I've actually 2 cars the other being a Saloon with the same problem. Your detailed guide really have saved me some time, especially as I'm in New Zealand
Regards

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.