Breaking MG ZR - MG-Rover.org Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 21-03-2017, 19:47 Thread Starter
Supporter

Car: Rover 25 Spirit S & Rover 75 1.8 Club Tourer
Breaking MG ZR

The wife caved the back end of my ZR in this morning Yes the one who snapped the driveshaft in my 75 tourer last week.

Managed to knock the worst of the damage out with a sledgehammer to get the tailgate to shut so it can still be used, but the boot floor and rear panel have took the brunt of it and with its MOT looming next month i have decided to call it a day with it.

I've lost all interest in it since purchasing a mint low milage Rover 25 Spirit S instead. Most parts available off the ZR, which located in Oldbury B69, West Midlands. I will start breaking it next week.

Its got a good 1.4 engine (90k, head gasket at 70k, Goodyear Cambelt kit and water pump at 82k , LUK clutch at 85k) which has always had good quality oil and genuine MG Rover filter at 8k intervals,

Coil packs, starter, alternator and throttle body are not included with the engine as i'm keeping them for spares

R65 Gearbox reconditioned at 75k, new nose and driveshaft seals at 85k when the clutch was done.

Set of 17" straights, could do with a clean up but have excellent tyres which have done less than 5k with no buckles

Facelift 3dr Blue Matrix ZR seats, bolster was repaired by D Haden upholstery, Walsall Wood in 2016 (Car & Vehicle Upholstery | Walsall | West Midlands) As i have kids they could do with a bit of a clean but otherwise they are in good condition.

Full facelift front including headlights, indicators, grill and all wiring to modify a pre-facelift model (in Platinum silver MNX)

Front spot lights

Sideskirts (pre-facelift in MNX) brackets need painting

Smaller MGF Steering wheel and rotary coupler modified to fit R25/ZR so horn works fine.

All panels from back doors forward in MNX, 5 door colour coded MNX, trim and handles

Aluminium exhaust edging from Rear facelift Bumper

Side spats from rear facelift bumper

Set of Apex Lowering springs, Fronts off the car, rears fitted to ZR rear shocks. Found these noisy on the front so took them off.

Brand new and sealed in bag Facelift rear MG badge, brand new, Xpower Chrome MG front badge

Other things also available. If theres any interest i will get pictures posted of the individual items. Open to sensible offers. I will keep the engine in the car as long as i can so any interested parties can hear it running.

Pictures of car can be seen using the link below

http://forums.mg-rover.org/garage.ph...ehicle_id=4905

Thanks for looking,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 21:09

Car: MG ZR 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landfill View Post
Its got a good 1.4 engine (90k, head gasket at 70k, Goodyear Cambelt kit and water pump at 82k , LUK clutch at 85k) which has always had good quality oil and genuine MG Rover filter at 8k intervals,

Coil packs, starter, alternator and throttle body are not included with the engine as i'm keeping them for spares
Is the engine still available?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 22:31
Supporter

Car: 160
Interested in the MG badges. Need details.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-04-2017, 14:10 Thread Starter
Supporter

Car: Rover 25 Spirit S & Rover 75 1.8 Club Tourer
I've sold most of the bits through ebay.

All i have left is the complete facelift front bumper with wiring to convert Mk1 to MK2, The head lights, & rear bumper (needs repaint) , all in MNX
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-04-2017, 17:34

Car: MG ZR 105
Ah that's a shame, I've not come across many engines with as well documented history as yours had. Sorry to hear about your ZR but best of luck with fixing the 75
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-04-2017, 07:40

Car: MG ZR
Have you got a link to what's left on eBay? I'm after an exhaust section in particular but I'm also interested in the wheels and badges if any of its still available.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 26-04-2017, 19:43

Car: Rover 200 Hatchback
Are the wing mirrors still available?