Krafthaus MGF Hardtop as fitted to the MGF Cheetah - MG-Rover.org Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-01-2017, 13:35 Thread Starter
Temporary Seller

Car: TR7
SOLD: Krafthaus MGF Hardtop

Here’s an opportunity you won’t get very often if you want a rare aftermarket accessory for your MGF or MG TF.

In the years following the launch of the MGF in 1995 several accessory manufacturers provided items for the then highly successful and desirable MGF. Most of these accessories are long since gone but a few suppliers remain.

A company called Krafthaus designed and produced a body styling kit for the MGF comprising revised front/rear bumpers and wheel arch extensions. They also produced a distinctive hardtop with built in rear spoiler and raised “strakes” running forward from the rear window.

I believe this design was later modified and marketed as a “Heritage” hardtop without the rear spoiler and with smaller moulded in rain channels in place of the strakes.

The Krafthaus item was completed with a high quality leather roof lining which not only looks so much more of a quality item it also adds a greater level of soundproofing and insulation.

An MG Rover dealer based in Nottinghamshire marketed a modified MGF, sold as the Cheetah, with the bodykit and various mechanical upgrade options but it is unknown how many of the hardtops were sold.

Over the years I have kept track of any of these Krafthaus hardtops as they have become available and have only ever seen three of them (and I own two of them).

I have decided that two is one more than I need hence my spare is now available.

It is Mk1 MGF dark blue metallic (apologies I don’t know the colour name) with a black leather interior. There a a few scratches and paint chips but no damage and I always planned to repaint it anyway so haven’t bothered to remedy the blemishes. Complete with the original MG badges (no longer available apparently) and all the catches fitted and working.

This would be a nice addition to a Cheetah owner’s car or indeed any MGF owner who wants something different to the rest. You’ll wait a long time for the opportunity to get another one.

Lancsman

Last edited by lancsman; 13-01-2017 at 20:40.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-01-2017, 20:34

Car: MGF
Certainly looks like my Tahiti Blue F. If this was 18mths ago, I'd have bitten your hand off, but as you can see from my pics below (for people who want to compare colour matching) I've already got one HT - don't think the missus would be too happy if I bought another!!

Photos of your F/TF - Post them here...

Good luck with the sale, cracking hard top.