97 vintage MGF 1.8 MPi rescue - Page 5 - MG-Rover.org Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #81 of 88 (permalink) Old 14-03-2015, 15:12 Thread Starter

Car: Rover 623 GSI
Here are her front rims:-

Not in bad nick ................................... the rears are however dreadful. Will get the tryes popped off in the morning and see about getting the rims refurbished.

Ahh yes and I painted the front calipers to match the carriers:-

So they will look better and more of a finished job.......................................... and not just half done.

The rear wheels are away being blasted then painted so will be a while before they can be fitted. The fronts however have had the tyres put back on and are now on "Blue":-

Just another little job done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 88 (permalink) Old 14-03-2015, 22:53

Car: MGZTcdti/MG Montego Turbo/MG Montego EFi/MGF
Like those wheels, got them on my tahiti blue MGF
post #83 of 88 (permalink) Old 15-03-2015, 13:03 Thread Starter

Thank you Jeff. These are the originals but as I said the rears were in ashocking state paint wise and it was quicker and cheaper at the time to pick up a set of 5 Spoke VVC wheels which she has been sat on since then.

Now it's time to get the rears sorted and refitted. Also have little niggles like dropped hinges to sort, cigar lighter and fix speed 1 on the heater fan................................ things that I have been putting off .
post #84 of 88 (permalink) Old 19-03-2015, 21:53

Car: Rover 25
great thread mate keep up the good work
post #85 of 88 (permalink) Old 22-05-2016, 12:16 Thread Starter

Sadly Blue was left standing once her MOT ran out due to changes in circumstances here and distinct lack of income. I have managed to obtaina pair of goor rear calipers as the handbrake lever seal on her original are shot and the handbrake mach inside has rusted to hell resulting in the handbrake not working.

So we can replace those and bleed th system but once up on stands and wheels off it was noticed that the upper ball joint thatwas replaced in 2014 the boot ahs split badly and the ball joint is all rusted to need replacing again. Was not pleased about this so have bought a better quality joint, hopefully, this time. Blue will also get some different front tyres as those Pirellis are showing their age not sure what as yet but front tyres need replacing.

We also need a new CAT as have stolen Blues to put on the 75th as she failed on emissions. Once this is all done and she has a new MOT Blue is goign to be sold as we are moving and there will not be room for my 5 cars so Blue and the Rover 623 will be sold the Rover 75 will get new brakes and an an MOT and "Elsie" will also get her sills and rear arches sorted and an MOT. Not sure about what to do with "Elsie" my VVC as yet.

Sad we have to sell Blue as I am only her 2nd owner and she drives very well and of course we have he dyno sheets here showing that she is putting out a few extra BHP.
post #86 of 88 (permalink) Old 25-06-2016, 09:50 Thread Starter

Well Blue failed her MOT on emissions ................................. which was a shock as she has a brand new CAT fitted so we are now awaiting a replacement for the faulty one.

She also has play in her N/S/R wheel-hub bearign so a new one will be bought and fitted. I was worried that after standing unused for so long that with the discs rusted she would not pass the brake test plus she has brand new pads on the rear. With no MOT it was not possible to bed them in before the test but she passed. the refurbished calipers and ne pads gave 17% just enough to pass. Foot brake was fine.

I did do as many brakings as I could on the way to the test to clean up the discs as best we could and it seemed to work.

In all the torrential rain we have had this month the passenger cheater leaked and she has a wet patch on the carpet ......................... typical . Also have to get a couple of new tyres for her front as the Pirellis have succumbed to age so currently she has a pair of Multispokes on the ront with near new tyres fitted while we sort out a new pair of 185/55 R15's for her.
post #87 of 88 (permalink) Old 09-07-2016, 13:23 Thread Starter

Despite new CAT's, tried three now, and new Lambda sensor she is still failign on emissions so Monday will try swapping ECU set over and seeing if there is a problem there. Never known one like this
post #88 of 88 (permalink) Old 14-08-2016, 16:18 Thread Starter

Blue has been sold.

Well we got her through by fitting the genuine MG-Rover CAT and she has now gone to a new home in Leicester. She was sold through ebay and collected last Monday afternoon.