MG-Rover.org Forums banner

My other MG Montego Efi with digidash

49K views 288 replies 20 participants last post by  Jeff Turbo 
#1 ·
Bought this earlier in the month to accompany my other projects.
Doesn't need as much doing to it though and will be legal and on show hopefully early in 2013

Only a little bit of rust here

surface rust only here

No dents

Still has early ariel

See less See more
#132 ·
Keep up the good work Jeff.

These arrived today from Martin.
Many thanks for these
Correct radio/cassette and a spare one shot switch

Made by Motorola

Yes, my son Martin was up in the loft trawling through my things. That's my "B Reg Montego Turbo" handwriting on the sticky label. Best to do that as with so much stuff, you forget what's what. Glad it's of some use.

"MADE BY MOTOROLA IN ENGLAND".

That would probably be considered PC, racist or what have you now along with un-PC "Austin of England" under the flying A on Longbridge product which was as familiar to me as a boy as the three pointed star of Mercedes is today. Best of all the long gone, the Golf GTi will be along in a second... ;)

Picture taken about fifteen years ago, this is the Montego Turbo it was removed from. I still have those white alloys and come spring, they will go on my MGF.

Over the years, I had several black MG Montegos including two turbos. I still have a B-Reg Turbo, in Silver Leaf.

#146 · (Edited)
Saturday is front coreplugs, replace with the proper wheels and start it up.
I've timed the car as it should be and not how the old cambelt came off as it was one tooth out.
Fill with water and check for leaks, if no leaks add coolant, oil, oil filter change then after i've sorted the headlining take the car for a drive to test everything before welding the rear box section of the sill
As i've also got the radio back from the being repaired that will also be fitted.
Unfortunately the FM tuner is faulty and spares are obsolete so I will have to listen to MW and my vast collection of cassette tapes. On the plus side the display now works

#151 ·
Headlining done and in the car
It's a lot heavier than the normal material i'm used to and i'm not happy with the finished result. i will sort that in the future. The colour match is much better than the pictures make out

Still experimenting with the front light and it's not finished yet

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.