One thing that this CDT is goinf to need in spades is valeting .................. the vendor was a bricky by trade and I think half a builders yard has found it's way into the car and under the rear seat. The steerign wheel was filthy and the surface is starting to wear. The colour has worn through is several places so we will keep our eyes and ears open for a good replacement. No rush on this as first we have to get her running. As her MOT expired 2 days ago my checks will also include MOT stuff.
This is what we know that needs sorting out and checking:-
1) ECU test and if possible repair..... underway!
2) Change the bonnet ...... Done!
With the replacement bonnet that came with her fitted.
3) get an under bonnet fuel pump retainign bracket.
4) Polish the headlights... man are they frosted lenses!!
5) Clean engine bay ........... it's filthy
6) Investigate coolant staining below the FBH
7) Refit battery tray
8) Get replacement O/S/F arch liner as it's damaged.
9) Swap the wheels to ones with good tyres.
10) Check the brake pad condition and disc condition.
11) check the N/S/F suspension mounting as the cup washer has been fitted upside down???
Am wondering if the new springs were fitted corectly now!
12) Jet through the plenum drains..have already rodded them.
13) refit and secure the undertray!
14) get and fit new Pollen filter
Filthy, clogged, and has mould on it.
15) fit tow ball and connect tow bar wiring.
Being a Classic SE she is fairly basic especially whn compared to the Connoisseur:-
No electric windows in back ..... manual winders here.
Basic AC and no heated seats........ Might have to do some upgrades later.
From a distance the steering wheel looks OK but the wear needs sorting out before the leather becomes damaged.
So there we have it under the grime is a decent car waiting to be discovered and I hope that the ECU problem is THE issue and that I made the right call on her. Other wise I am in deep Doo-Doo.