Project Angel :) - Page 2 - MG-Rover.org Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #21 of 33 (permalink) Old 26-01-2015, 17:29 Thread Starter

Car: Rover 25
Update time

Managed to get abit done over the weekend got the cylinder block as clean as i can ready for the new BGA headgasket

got brand new headgasket and new head bolts and put headgasket and shim ready for cylinder head to go back on

had the cylinder head skim'd and got all the valves put back in and put it back on the car

also managed to get drivers side brake pipe done and put everything back to gether and got it all under coated (no pics ) and got 1st coat of black on it all

also got my spare alloy rad out of the garage to replace the f'd old one

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 33 (permalink) Old 28-03-2015, 19:15 Thread Starter

Update

Its been about 2months since i last updated this o well i got the cams back in injectors put back on with FAI inlet gasket and BGA exhaust gasket for exhaust manifold

also replaced oil filter with a brand new oe mg rover filter before filling up with brand new oil and also managed to get a gates timing belt kit cheap was nearly half the price it should of been so happy days

I also managed to find a 52mm tb that i didn't even realize i had in the garage i have that many spare little bits i can't remember what i have lol but i thought it would be worth fitting with this being a vvc and obviously got brand new coolant in her before starting the beast for the 1st time in months, wish i could say she started 1st time agen but it took me some time to get her started but now she is running like a dream and starting first time every time

post #23 of 33 (permalink) Old 28-03-2015, 19:29 Thread Starter

update 2

Got battery tray refitted with brand new bolts as the old ones were rusty as fff so i dicided i will replace most of the bolts just to no that they are good for along time to come and will be easier to remove if i ever need to take them out

refitted ecu with brand new bolts as well

Replaced fuel filter with a brand new man filter thats the make of it haha but one i removed didn't look that old but best just to replace as i don't have any service history of the car

new one in place

The alternator was making some strange noises when i had the car running so i replaced that with one that is nearly brand new that i had in my box of spare parts haha

side by side

new one fitted

post #24 of 33 (permalink) Old 28-03-2015, 19:49 Thread Starter

update 3 lol

So like my other car i got hold of some xsara bonnet struts and 4x bmw strut nipples and got the bonnet struts fitted as the original bonnet support is lets put it nicely is ok unless its windy lol

so out with the old

xsara bonnet struts with nipples

all fitted up

if anyone wants to no how to fit them then just ask its pretty simple and cheaper than the bonnet strut kits you can buy and i like being cheap haha.

But any way on with the update after awhile of searching ebay for headlights i bought a pair of zr headlights with all there fixing points for £16including postage what a bargain as i wanted to replace the chrome rover 25 ones so got those fitted

also had to paint some engine bay bits as they really needed a good rub down and coat of primer and paint so go that done to tidy up the engine bay for future plans i have for it

also have some purple anodized washers and some stainless cap headbolts to dress the engine bay up

post #25 of 33 (permalink) Old 28-03-2015, 19:52 Thread Starter

For all those that expect to see pink here you go !

stay tuned more to come in the fallowing weeks
post #26 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-04-2015, 18:11 Thread Starter

Update

Finally got round to the time to do the front brakes took the calipers off got them rubb'd down and primerd and painted up gloss black as i wasn't a fan of the red and red wont go with my plans for the car any way haha

also got the caliper carriers out to rub down and primer and paint but the drivers side have to seized sliders so lucky i have to spare ones with decent rubbers so had to get out the burner and a pair of grills to turn them loose when the burner had worked its magic of heating it up and worked a treat

not the best rub down job but o well i may eventually upgrade the brakes but this will do for now

got both sides fitted up and bled

and finally got some steelies on her not sure what they are off just something i have kicking around so that i can move her round the driver and she has finally moved from when i first got her
post #27 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-04-2015, 18:12 Thread Starter

Tiny update haven't got much done today but got rad brackets back, fitted the rear cam belt cover that i have made (which isn't great) but it does the job its suppose to as i don't want to run it with out a cover on .

Also fitted spark plug cover back with cap head stainless bolts and purple washers and also changed 5 of the cam/rocker cover bolts

also has pink front cam sprockets and i am working on a case for them

post #28 of 33 (permalink) Old 18-04-2015, 19:08 Thread Starter

Update

I got my self a nice new mutli coloured alloy oil cap which takes a sec to fit haha

Also decided to stick the 1st decal on the car which i was going to do when the car is finished but decided just to do it now so it doesn't get damaged . As you can see from the old tax disc the car was taken off the road a while ago by the previous owner but will see the road again in summer i think

I also got out my left over stainless steel sheet i had and crafted up an exhaust manifold cover while i wasn't doing much disafternoon

next on the to do list for this car i think is to patch up the holes in the side of the roof which i found today but will get them cut out and some metal plates welded in if i can
post #29 of 33 (permalink) Old 19-04-2015, 17:39 Thread Starter

Picked up a complete rear disc brake beam pretty cheap so got it out of the shed and striped down so i can get it washed and give it a good rub down ready to be painted at some point

post #30 of 33 (permalink) Old 19-04-2015, 17:42 Thread Starter

Heres a vid of how she sounds

[IMG][/IMG]
post #31 of 33 (permalink) Old 29-09-2015, 21:52 Thread Starter

So it's been ages since i have updated this not really had the car out of the garage that much to do anything with her but am trying to crack on now before the weather gets to bad but any way got this polished spark plug cover off adam along time ago now but now its fitted and looks awesome

still got a few more bits to add to the engine bay but that is all in good time
post #32 of 33 (permalink) Old 29-09-2015, 22:01 Thread Starter

so here is the damage that she had on the passenger side when i bought her which i wasn't to botherd about really as it's nothing serious so got hold of a very cheap door and replaced the damaged one as i just can't be botherd to try sort the old door out so thats in the scrap pile lol

to be honest only took me like 10mins to replace the door since there are no wings fitted so i just have the quarter panel to sort but it hasn't got that much damage so hopefully most of it will just push out and then i will fill the light dints up and jobs a good one
post #33 of 33 (permalink) Old 29-09-2015, 22:15 Thread Starter

Up to date update

so today i finally finished stripping out the interior i have already sold the door cards and seats awhile back to make some space so heres some pics

so here she is with a half stripp'd interior

and here it is now looking bare

also decided to remove the old windscreen as i oready have its replacement under my bed ready to go in one day haha but some how this windscreen got cracked but no big deal didn't take me long to remove it with my big hammer

maybe not the best way to remove it, well i no its not but it made it easier to through it in the bin this way haha i have also removed half the old edge bead with out damaging the paint but don't have pics of this at the moment