Project Blackberry revival :) pic heavy :) - MG-Rover.org Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 26-03-2015, 19:17 Thread Starter

Car: Rover 25
Project Blackberry revival :) pic heavy :)

As some of you no i had my cars project thread on here for a few years and then just decided to delete it well i have now decided to bring it back it prob will be missing pics from the original thread but still will have alot haha sadly i don't have any pics of it when i 1st got it but we all no what a bog standard solar red 25 looks like so here is when i started to mod her and take pics .

1st thing i did was get hold of a zr sharkfin spoiler and spray it gloss black and also sourced a zr front lip to go on the front bumper and tinted the rear door windows and then colour coded door strips

next i went on to de wiper tailgate, fit forum decals , smoothed the boot handle, fit a universal back box, fit rear tinted lights, fit chrome mirror covers, smooth out front grill and colour code, fit seat leon splitter and fit brm lower grill also found a correct colour zr rear bumper and pair of side skirts

next i got hold of some cheap matrix seat and fitted those along with mk2 25 air bag and my chrome golf ball gear knob

lots more to come
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 26-03-2015, 20:11 Thread Starter

went on to do black front grill, gloss black roof to spoiler also got hold of some mg hairpins and did those gloss black with pink centres and pink brake calipers lol and changed interior lighting and then took some pics with my sister 120

also tried pink mirror covers to see how it looked lol

i will carry this thread on tomorrow
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 27-03-2015, 12:58 Thread Starter

Then i went on to go top half of the car gloss black with getting hold of my 99p smoothed tailgate and fly eyed front indicators and fogs and also bought and fitted an mk1 rear bumper heatshield

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 27-03-2015, 13:32 Thread Starter

then i went on to smooth front rub strips and indicators and relocate those into the fog since i never use those also bought and fitted 8k HIDs, smoothed zr grill and pink fuse box cover and spark plug cover and a cheap universal air filter and also smoothed out door rub strips o and also fitted pink trs tow strap

post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 27-03-2015, 13:48 Thread Starter

After having my car like that for a while i just got bored of it and went for something totally different and painted her gloss black with pink roof and pink brm grill and also sourced an mk2 rear bumper and sprayed the lower part of it pink and also gave the hairpins a splash of pink lol and also lowered the car on 30mm gmax springs on zr struts and also found a mascot for the car so sit in the dash pocket after i finished spraying the centre console, dash insert and heater panel gloss white

post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 27-03-2015, 14:22 Thread Starter

After not really liking the splash of pink on hairpins i decided to try out white hairpins with pink centres and also tried straights to see what they would look like but didn't really like those as everyone seems to put those on there cars but also wanted to give the car some real teeth so sprayed the teeth white on the brm grill along with fitted a silver trs tow strap

also i decided it was time to get rid of the matrix seats and do something to match the car so i sold my seats and bought some more matrix seats which i got real cheap to use them to create my new interior so i bought some pink leatherette and recoverd a roof liner to hide the sunroof till i can get it welded up and to retim my seats which i did my self by hand so didn't turn out perfect but it was ok for my first attempt but i have done everything on my car my self and with the help of my dad and also got my self an mk2 glove box and reshaped it to fit the mk1 dash

o and forgot to mention i sprayed all the interior plast matt black along with the sun visors

i will carry on with this revival either tonight or tomorrow
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 27-03-2015, 19:47 Thread Starter

So after awhile of the hairpins i got bored of them and decided to search for some different alloys and came up with wolfrace deep dish wheels which suits the car and also got hold of a rear tow hook and some decals for the rear window and at this point the black was repainted by hand but sadly i have lost all the pics of it gettng painted but hopeing to repaint it agen this year

also made a sub box which is massiv well it was i have since changed the box but still have the same amp and subs

reping the forum some more
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 28-03-2015, 06:50

Car: Rover 211
101% love this car :d
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 28-03-2015, 11:29 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyyen View Post
101% love this car :d
yeh mate i no you do lol you prob love it more than me haha
but what happend to you posting your project on here eh?
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 28-03-2015, 11:41 Thread Starter

Next on the list of things to do was to replace the horrible grey carpet so after awhile of search i got hold of a very clean and good condition carpet so got all the interior out and the manual air recirculation unit and replaced that with the electric type from the mk2s and also decided to get rid of the old mk1 dash and replace it

post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 28-03-2015, 11:51 Thread Starter

Went on to refit my seats and interior dash lighting obviously it wasn't boring orange haha but was done to suit the car and also cut down the gear stick by 3 and half inch lol

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 28-03-2015, 12:22 Thread Starter

After always wanting a dixie horn i finally took the time to buy 1 wasn't the best one on the market as it was only cheap but lets face it its not going to get used much it was just for a bit of fun lol but also made a switch to go in the dash as a blank so wouldn't look out of place . Also fitted a set of 6inch edge componets in the parcel shelf as i just like speaks in there even tho i no alot of people are not fans its my car after all lol .

Also bought i set of undercar LEDs that came with a remote which have different setting and change colour but i DON'T recommend these to any one as they don't last long when the conditions are wet out i have been through 2 sets of these and i wont be getting any more as its a waste of money.

post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 28-03-2015, 12:25 Thread Starter

Also got my self a flip key

Dixie horn vid

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 28-03-2015, 13:00 Thread Starter

Just over a year ago i got hold of some xsara bonnet struts and 4x bmw bonnet strut nipples so got my own cheap bonnet struts fitted and then a bit after that blackberry got accident damage but thankfully wasn't anything structural and thankfully only had steels on but also decided to replace the passenger side wing at the same time as it was going rotten but got it all fixed up and good to go

post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 28-03-2015, 13:10 Thread Starter

Not long after the damage i think a few months or so the headgasket had started to go and started to overheat but wasn't far from home so didn't overheat much as i always keep an eye on the needles so got the engine striped and all the stuff to sort it out also decided to power wash engine bay when it was all apart to part the bay up so i could do something with the engine bay once everything was back together

I seem to be missing alot of pics from this part but head was taken to be skimmed bare and once i had it back re seated the valves and cleaned the engine block off and got it all back together

post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 28-03-2015, 13:18 Thread Starter

After everything was rebuilt and she was running like a dream again i bought a couple of stainless engine bay parts and also made some my self also made a clear timing belt case

thats the last update i had on the previous thread but watch this space i have some things planned for her and will be updating this shortly
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-04-2015, 08:21

Car: Rover 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolle18 View Post
yeh mate i no you do lol you prob love it more than me haha
but what happend to you posting your project on here eh?
Just a tiny bit it good to see this thread back

Lol one day I shall have my new project car up one day :d x
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-04-2015, 18:04 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyyen View Post
Just a tiny bit it good to see this thread back

Lol one day I shall have my new project car up one day :d x

always mate got some stuff plann'd for this if i have enough cash but having 2 cars and a gf makes me skint lol
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-04-2015, 18:06 Thread Starter

Bank Holiday monday update haha

Should of done this update last monday but didn't get time but i was sick of the tyres getting worn at the edges due to them hitting the rear arches when i went over speed bumps or even dips in roads and that was when there was no one in the car . It probably don't help having 215 40 17 size tyres on but decided to roll the rear archs so got a lump hammer out and got it done as well as flairing the archs out slightly (can't tell on pics)

and it pretty hard to show the arches haven been rolled but will get better pics one day

ps she needs a good clean so ignore that haha

doesn't rub at all now as tested it out last monday night with 3 people in the back and me and the mrs in the front so jobs a good one
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 19-04-2015, 17:35 Thread Starter

Small update

I finally decided to fit a stainless speedo dial surround thing that i have had for ages now so here it is fitted am not sure if i like it that much yet but looks pretty nice fitted

also got my built not bought decal fitted that i have also had for ages lol