Project Blackberry revival :) pic heavy :) - Page 2 - MG-Rover.org Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 22-09-2015, 18:50 Thread Starter

Car: Rover 25
Sad times i was taking my gf to college and i was driving past a bike and then i had to brake and car started to struggle when in 2nd like it was in 4th then when i was at traffic lights car was misfiring and is running like a bag of spanners but managed to nurse her 20ish miles home

Managed to have a quick look at it before it got to dark i checked the timing first and it is out by 3teeth wtf !!! :'(
Not investigated why but tension of the belt seems ok tho so it is strange
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 29-09-2015, 22:26 Thread Starter

So i managed to sort the her for now by taking off the timing belt and re timing her up and replaced the belt with a brand new BGA timing belt kit but i think she does have some possible valve damage as she doesn't run or pull as well as she did but she is working and is still drives nicely but can be abit slugish at times but i will sort it eventually

so here is what i found when i removed the belt it looks to be some fine plastic shreddings

and heres what was in the lower part behind the crank pulley

looks to be apart of the timing belt case which has some how broken and all i can think has wedge the belt causing the timing to just out but it could of been alot worse

but heres new belt in its box not got pics after this but she is still alive which i am happy about haha

post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 29-09-2015, 22:33

Car: MG ZR
Tail lights

Where did you get the Black tail light for the car?

post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 29-09-2015, 22:42 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Owens View Post
Where did you get the Black tail light for the car?

i bought them off a member on here years ago mate but theres always sets for sale on ebay