Robin's Low Rover 75 "The Swagon" - Page 2 - MG-Rover.org Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #21 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-09-2014, 13:27

Car: Rover 623 GSI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillen View Post
Give it a rest man.

If he or anyone for that matter wants to lower their cars then it isn't really any business of yours.
They know the risks. Some don't and then they learn how to deal with it.

There a bigger things to worry about than someone lowering a car.
Get off your soapbox before you get another thing to talk about like try and sell me some spiel about our lord and saviour or maybe how we should all ride bikes and that we should all start growing our own veg so it takes large lorries off the road and in turn stopping tired lorry drivers crashing.
Not this is comical indeed. By bikes I mean motorcyles ....................... hmm perhaps I should find some photos of the last one ans scan them into the ole puter as it was low. In fact you sat lower than the top of the 16" rimmed rear tyre.

As for religion am not interested the Church of England has been a joke for decades not to mention the Catholics ............................. Islam is just hate and control. One must be careful as the truth is not allowed in case it upsets someone.

As for growing your own well at least it would not be contaminated with chemicals like most commercially grown stuff. Of course unless one lives in an older property then the garden would not be big enough to grow more than a couple of carrots ............................ got to squeeze more housing onto the plot you know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-09-2014, 10:51

Car: TF 115
Plezier,

I dont normally comment on stuff like this.

I like your project threads, and seeing how you work on your F's - you clearly have knowledge and skills. Knowledge and skills both that I hope to learn over the course of my TF ownership. Come along-way since I first bought it.

I also like Fatboys. He/she enjoys doing crazy things to cars.

Both of your threads make me smile and feel jelly.

Theres no need to constantly come on to Fatboys threads and bash what he/she is doing. Taxes are no doubt paid, insurances are no doubt paid. Cars are paid for, parts are paid for (even with mates rates discount, of which I'm very jelly of).

The thing is, you seem to be a mechanic that likes things classical - thats obvious by your MGF styling, and I prefer that type of modifications myself, but not everyone does. It shouldnt matter what line of modifications they take, the fact is its being modified for laughs and love of the car - the same reason you modify yours.

Dont look down on anyone that takes a different styling route. Fatboy does the work him/herself it seems, so respect that and respect the decisions.

Not to mention can you see yourself being willing to undertake the same tasks over and over due to parts breaking due to the modification? That drive in itself deserves respect.

You are looking down on people and that is not respected in this community, and quite rightfully it shouldnt be respected in any community.
post #23 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-09-2014, 11:34

Car: Maestro T series conversion
It is well known that if alive today Jesus would drive a lowrider with minimum of 5 bikini clad hellacious babes in the back.

post #24 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-09-2014, 11:41

Car: Mk2 ZS T16 turbo
Send a message via Yahoo to pscott
^^^ This tbh ^^^
post #25 of 43 (permalink) Old 14-09-2014, 23:38
Proud of Longbridge, too.

Car: MG 3Style
Robin I followed you on Instagram as I found you under a hashtag. This car looks alot better than some of the original dubbed VW's, original too.
post #26 of 43 (permalink) Old 15-09-2014, 15:07

Car: Rover 623 GSI
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimayhem View Post
Plezier,

I dont normally comment on stuff like this.

I like your project threads, and seeing how you work on your F's - you clearly have knowledge and skills. Knowledge and skills both that I hope to learn over the course of my TF ownership. Come along-way since I first bought it.

I also like Fatboys. He/she enjoys doing crazy things to cars.

Both of your threads make me smile and feel jelly.

Theres no need to constantly come on to Fatboys threads and bash what he/she is doing. Taxes are no doubt paid, insurances are no doubt paid. Cars are paid for, parts are paid for (even with mates rates discount, of which I'm very jelly of).

The thing is, you seem to be a mechanic that likes things classical - thats obvious by your MGF styling, and I prefer that type of modifications myself, but not everyone does. It shouldnt matter what line of modifications they take, the fact is its being modified for laughs and love of the car - the same reason you modify yours.

Dont look down on anyone that takes a different styling route. Fatboy does the work him/herself it seems, so respect that and respect the decisions.

Not to mention can you see yourself being willing to undertake the same tasks over and over due to parts breaking due to the modification? That drive in itself deserves respect.

You are looking down on people and that is not respected in this community, and quite rightfully it shouldnt be respected in any community.
Actually I have to wonder about the testing procedure today on vehicles. In the 1980's I was involved in building custom motor cycles and especially in making parts for them. All had to conform to "Construction and Use Regulations" as well as being able to pass the MOT and as peoples lives and safety was at stake the parts could not fail or break ......................... law suits would no doubt have resulted if this happened.

A vehicle which damages the road surface from dragging it's bottom on the road cannot meet basic safety standards nor Construction and use regulations and therefore I have to wonder how they can possibly pass a legitimate MOT test.

As for looking down on someone ....................................... ahh it seems that today one is not supposed to dislike stupidity. Sorry but I do not subscribe to the PC thinking foisted and being forced upon us by minorities with their own suspect agendas!

One hopes to educate, ignorance can be helped but I am afraid stupidity is a lost cause.
post #27 of 43 (permalink) Old 23-09-2014, 18:38

Car: MG ZS
Though iam sure you are aware, it appears the car has been spotted

http://www.barryboys.co.uk/phpBB2/vi...hp?f=1&t=39790

i do have to chuckle at the lack of hatred in the comments lol usually cars get ripped to shreds on that site lol alot of people seem to like it
post #28 of 43 (permalink) Old 23-09-2014, 19:13 Thread Starter

Car: Rover 45
Send a message via Skype™ to fathead431
surprised at the generally positive response, 99% of their replies are usually negative!
been watching it for a while now
post #29 of 43 (permalink) Old 23-09-2014, 19:23

Car: MG ZS
to be fair, considering the usual cavalcade of horrendous sheds on there, yours actually looks very good lol and alot of people on there stick up for rovers (probably as most people on there own them)
post #30 of 43 (permalink) Old 23-09-2014, 19:45

Car: MK2 180
That's hilarious how its ******* with there basic values. Someone should post a link up to that YouTube clip of it blatting down the road. They'd love it all the more.
post #31 of 43 (permalink) Old 23-09-2014, 19:53 Thread Starter

Got the 6 inch 450lbs springs from my 45 onto the barge and set about lowering it a touch more. also welded the anti roll bar up, detatched, to the subframe. keeps it out of the way.

Then headed to Players show!

post #32 of 43 (permalink) Old 27-09-2014, 16:51 Thread Starter

A few photos from the day from some websites/facebook pages, INCLUDING BLEEDING STANCENATION!!

As seen here on the event coverage, http://www.stancenation.com/2014/09/26/players-show-2014-event-coverage/6/

post #33 of 43 (permalink) Old 27-09-2014, 18:22

Car: ZS TD
I absolutely adore your car, it looks incredible. Those wheels, although eye wateringly expensive, completely make it.

I'd love to know a bit more about your suspension set up. I take it the coilovers are designed for a BMW E46 of some description? What exactly did you do to fit them as I believe the top caps are different. Also, what needed to be done regarding the drop links?
post #34 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-11-2014, 21:26

Car: Rover 25
I absolutely hate the BarryBoys. There are absolutely some disastrous cars in this world, but they are an absolute bunch of jumped up ******s that for some reason seem to think they are better than the rest of the world. Why does a build thread make it even more Barry?! Bunch of self righteous morons.

As for your car, it does look pretty cool. Personally, I wouldn't lower quite as much but it does look cool. As has also been said, the wheels really make that car.

I quite like the 75s and the estates. So many cars I want next.
post #35 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-11-2014, 22:17

Car: Maestros, 200, 600, ZTT
Send a message via MSN to E_T_V
Looks nice, but really I'm not a fan of the low and slow brigade. A car is for driving not for kerb crawling!.
post #36 of 43 (permalink) Old 15-03-2015, 14:12

Car: Rover 25 TD + VW Golf CL MKIII + Nissan Almera Twister
I think I saw this around Lincolnshire/Norfolk, loved it bud!
post #37 of 43 (permalink) Old 15-03-2015, 17:46 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buxton View Post
I think I saw this around Lincolnshire/Norfolk, loved it bud!
if you did, its been nicked
post #38 of 43 (permalink) Old 28-03-2015, 02:24 Thread Starter

After a recent cambelt change, turns out the news wasn't good.

The garage that changed the cambelt 7 years ago has disappeared off the face of the earth, and for good reason.
They never changed the sodding belt.

Upon removal, it was on the verge of failure, was heavily stretched and the tensioner had turned blue and purple from over heating, and had left melt marks in the belt!!
the thermostat was also replaced, as was the water pump.
the stretched belt had been causing the car to run several teeth out on the serpentine belt, and the two rear belts had both slipped a tooth too, which obviously affected running.

The good news is that she's up and running, and now sounds completely and utterly different. And naughty. Compare this to the video in the first post!

If you are wearing headphones, turn the volume down.

post #39 of 43 (permalink) Old 29-06-2015, 07:58

Car: MGB-K 222bhp, BRM 192bhp, MG ZS 1.6 141bhp
Or someone can carry on enjoying it in it's current form as a show car. I think it looks fantastic, certainly at PoL it attracted more attention than any other R75 there.

What a fantastic use of a Rover 75 T.
post #40 of 43 (permalink) Old 30-06-2015, 20:56
Administrator

Car: MG TF 135 Platinum Silver, Skoda Roomster
Garages
As you may be able to tell I’ve removed posts, whist everyone has the right to an opinion it’s not necessary to always express it especially when it looks like a *****ing session, N.B some posts have been removed as they no longer make sense out of contexts.