MG-Rover.org Forums banner

Anyone have an address for VDO Siemens or Philips

4K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Tim V8 
#1 ·
Just had a request for help from someone who has fried their MK4 probably due to not following the proper shut down procedure.

I know someone here sent their Sat Nav computer off for repair

Was that to one of the manufacturers service centres if so could I have the address for reference please

Attachments

#7 ·
I treat all versions of the Nav computer the same, bonnet open, boot open watch and wait for the led to stop flashing and go out then without opening or closing anything else (which will cause it to boot up) disconnect the battery, easy!

I had someone pop round a few days ago in a Monogram Typhoon 75 Cons SE
(too dark to take a pic of his and mine together) and there was something not right with his Nav computer and his body control in general as the Red Led never went out neither did his interior lights! not sure how I would go about disconnecting his battery if it was necessary :(

#8 ·
........and there was something not right with his Nav computer and his body control in general as the Red Led never went out neither did his interior lights! not sure how I would go about disconnecting his battery if it was necessary :(
Thats an easy one.....when the battery becomes flat!!!

Sounds like its either earthing incorrectly or water in the old box :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.