MG-Rover.org Forums banner

front suspension arm bushes

4K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  John Armstrong 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Interesting. I guess they could be tried if appropriate size bushings are available. Fancy being a pioneer?..!

Another member is looking at casting a polyurethane bush directly into the housing. I'm sure these ideas will eventually lead to a more rubust solution to the lower suspension arm issue.

TC

#8 ·
T-Cut: For my contrubition, have checked them out and they have nothing for the Rover 75 but I suggested that there was a market for such on the 75 and supplied some supporting figures. They stated that they would certainly put it forwarded it to their supplier...they don't make them - a buy in.
So that the forum can push it forward, I took the dimensions of the existing 'Cast' housing etc and find:-
1. I.D. of the 'Cast' housing is 65mm and the steel bushing which is pressed into the 'Cast' housing, an interference fit, is 1.75mm in thickness making the steel bushing 61.5 ID (will take a measurement when I get it fully out-got a drift of 64.5 Dia but have still to make up a receiver with an opening of 66 mm) This is the steel bushing which holds the rubber content.
2. The dimensions of the rubber opening (where the wishbone is located) is 33mm corner to corner with 26mm from face to face. this opening is a concave hexagon shape.
Note: No. 2 dimensions have a silght tolerence as taking a dimension in rubber is marginally variable.
If anyone has access to the technology of developing this I will gladly post this complete bushing thereto. The 75 (and the MG) deserves only the BEST.
cheers
John

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.