MG-Rover.org Forums banner

75/ZT: How to Remove Rear Seat?

8K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  ChrisK 
#1 ·
I know how to remove the bottom part of the rear seat, but was wondering if anyone knows how to remove the back part.

I seem to recall reading that it pops out fairly easily if you have it in the right position, but I tried multiple positions yesterday and it didnt seem to want to shift. I didnt give too much force in case I broke something (its taken 4 months for my dealership to fix the broken clip on it).

Anyone done this?

#4 ·
Sorry this is a bit late-I hope it's still useful. pm me if the RAVE diagrams on this would help. On these instructions cushion=seat base and squab=seat back.

Regards

Mike

Removal-Squab-rear seat

1. Remove rear seat cushion

2. Remove two seat bolsters

3. Models with fixed seats: using pull cords release clips securing rear seat squab to body and move seat forward

4. Models with folding seats: Depress release buttons and move rear seat squab forewards.

5. Push seat rearward, lift and remove rear seat squab.

#6 ·
With an application of brute force and ignorance I'm afraid... There are some rather strong clips holding the seat in position and they are of the type that you think you'll break them. Simply grab a front corner of the seat and pull it up... It'll let go with a bang, you'll then have a bitch of a job trying to get it located again....
HTH

#8 ·
Once you have pulled up the front of the seat base to release the front clips you then need to unhook it at the rear. You do this by pushing the base towards the rear and pulling the rear edge upwards. Basically there is a hook (one each in the centre of where you sit). Once you get it out of the car you will see how the 2 clips and 2 hooks work.

This is for a ZT.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.