MG-Rover.org Forums banner

2000 W Rover 25 - leaking sunroof (electric)

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  SnapdragonGT 
#1 ·
Hi all,Could someone cast a bit of light on a question I have? my friend has a 25 which the sunroof has now started to leak in on. On closer inspection, the area where the outer seal bonds to the metal has been severely compromised by quite advanced corrosion, thus water seems to be leaking into the area before the drip tray and soaking the front centre-ish of the headlining.After looking in a few scrapyards, it seems just about any other sunroof panel from 25s and 200s ( I presume the 200 will fit? it looks to be identical) I find is afflicted with the same corrosion issue, is this a common problem for this model? Failing finding a non corroded ex-scrapper item, I was intending to find one with relatively little rust, carefully remove the seal, clean the rust out, and the mastik the seal back in place. Any suggestions though would be happily received!Has anyone else had this corrosion issue with the 200/25/ZR sunroofs? is the leak into the headlining caused by corrosion un-seated seal? it just seems the most likely cause!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.