MG-Rover.org Forums banner

MG Longbridge Factory Tour (PICTURE HEAVY)

14K views 29 replies 18 participants last post by  Windy 
#1 ·
Hey guys! i went to Longbridge yesterday with my girlfriend for the Factory tour that they offer every thursday, took some pictures, so i thought i'd share them with you!

Only Mini Limo ever built!

then we got taken around the back where they keep all the test cars, and found all of these

See less See more
#5 ·
Interesting to see the two different MG3 front ends.
The front on the camo'd car is from the MG3 XCross (the Streetwise'd version)

Good pics of the test cars. I love the MG3 and can't wait for it to hit the road. There was a small news item in this week's Auto Express mentioning the car will have SAIC/GM engines with around 115-160 bhp and featuring direct injection and stop/start tech. Wonder what's under the bonnets of those red MG3s?

#10 ·
I'll take you. :dddc:

Great pics mate, that Grey mini is cheeky, looks and impressive lump under the bonnet, the MG3 is appealing to me more and more, lots of tuning potential, especialy if they take the standard 4 stud wheels of the older MG-ROVER's. :broon:

#23 ·
oh sorry if any of this information is wrong,

im just sharing with you what the site manager said to me, because i dont like the current MG3 look

i said to him

"is it true that the MG3 and 5 will be released in the UK looking alot more sporty than the Chinese released models?" (This is when we were looking at the MG3's that i took pictures of)

he then replied with

"No, these that you see here are the finished product, and this is how they are going to be sold in the UK"

Just what i was told sorry

#24 ·
Nip/tuck

oh sorry if any of this information is wrong,

im just sharing with you what the site manager said to me, because i dont like the current MG3 look

... (stuff) ...

Just what i was told sorry
No need to apologise, the site manager was probably trying to say that they had no plans for any major metal structural changes to be made.

e.g. no 3 door model

Cheers..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.