MG-Rover.org Forums banner

Before POL some Poorboys

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Mean & Green 
#1 · (Edited)
Well you may know i recently had the saga of the builder before the Fast Show :( I did scratch the car a bit...since Ive had the machine out and done the bonnet and front wings,but theres limits to how many times I can keep cutting my 13 year old paintwork,plus add the fact with my money situation being ok later this year Iam off to the paint shop for a full respray.

Hence after some reading Ive decided to invest in some Poorboys Blackhole Show Glaze.

They say...Poorboys Black Hole Show Glaze is formulated exclusively for dark colored vehicles. The glaze cleans and fills light swirl marks to leave a brilliant, glossy, slick show car shine. Poorboys Black Hole Show Glaze can be applied any time to hide minor imperfections and to enhance gloss on black, red, and all dark vehicles.

Yes its a filler,but for the rest of the show season its what I will use and of course anyone at POL can come and have a look (would love to see you) anyone else I will report back here and let you know how good or bad it is :)

#4 · (Edited)
So tried this today and what did I think ?

Well I used a foam applicator and a couple of ultra plush polishing cloths,it comes out a violet colour and has a nice fragrance which I could'nt really describe,maybe lavender,though nothing that makes you want to keep sniffing it :),it was very rich in texture and went a long way,it was very easy to squeeze to much out of the bottle.

I started on the front wing on what can be described as a cool day with the sun constantly disappearing,on this panel I tried both circular and back and forth motions,I found it worked best using circular motions due to its rich texture,I let it dry for a few minutes and buffed off,initially under a dark sky it appeared no better than anything else I had used on the car,the big problem here though is that my car has already been cleaned up for two shows so far this year.

Next I decided to try for two panels and a longer drying period,so did the door and the back wing,this seemed to make little difference in the finish,but a good thing was that it remained easy to buff off :) ,as I reached the back of the car,the sun came out and now I could see it was really leaving a nice shine,but again nothing that would set my world on fire,but also it was'nt disappointing.

Next thing to try as this is meant to be a filler type polish to cover swirls,was to do the top of the tailgate,I never DA polished this last year,as I could'nt be bovered to remove the spoiler,well it didnt fill much,scratches remained scratches,swirls were slightly improved.

really at the end of the day I would sum this up as a good polish and its meant applied before you wax,which today I did not have time to do,so as a polish on its own,yes its good,no its nothing to make me shout out its name (sorry Roverman :lol:),it didn't really hide much,but its not all doom and gloom as its rich easy to apply,spreads well and buffs off easy,giving a decent shine.

One thing I really liked though is that I have found a lot of products can leave a smeary haze on my car,this did not and to be fair there is meant to be a layer of wax over it.

So I'am not disappointed with this product,considering its price tag,around £12.95 and the amount needed to polish the car,its going to last me a while and serve me well.

Cheers guys Alan

Edit....Oh did you really think I was'nt going to post some pics :)

Wing done now the rest to go

Round the back no sun and a big wall shading it,but still it shines

Never did photo the whole finished car as I got in a bit of trouble for working well past my lunchtime...ooops

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.