MG-Rover.org Forums banner

MG ZT CDTi 135+ Manual - clutch still under warranty

3K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  garlum 
#1 · (Edited)
***CAR IS SOLD***

Price £3150 with Sat Nav and Subwoofer, £2995 with original head unit and CD changer - please bear in mind that all the major jobs have been done with this car. Anything else you might buy you're risking having to spend out on all these jobs on top of the purchase price.

I've bought myself an MG6 GT TSE which I'm looking forward to collecting on the weekend.

I'll be selling the ZT in the coming weeks. Brief details below along with a few pics I took a short while ago.

111,000 miles
Full service history (many receipts for work done as well as book filled in)
MOTd until August - a ton of work was carried out for the last MOT. After the work was done there were no further advisories, so it should breeze through the next MOT.
Taxed until February 2013.

Specs:
Cruise Control
Climate Control
Reversing sensors
Auto dipping rear view mirror
Alcantara/half leather seats
Xenon headlights
Washer jets for headlights
Auto wipers
Electric windows all round
Plus all the usual ZT spec.

-New clutch and slave cylinder fitted in September 2010 and still under warranty until September 2012.
-Brand new set of 18in alloy wheels fitted in July 2011. So no need to worry about corrosion, or buckled/bent wheels. And of course they are free of kerbing or scratches.
-Brand new full set of tyres fitted in July 2011 - Tyres have done 6,000 miles.
-New battery fitted in September 2010 - still under warranty until September 2012
-Rear brake lines all renewed in July 2011
-New nearside lower wishbone fitted in July 2011
-PCV filter replaced with latest filterless version in July 2011 - precautionary measure.
-Resistor upgrade for fan has been done.
-Viton seals done on the intercooler pipe.
-New coolant cap fitted a year ago - old one was leaking slightly.
-Double din touch screen sat nav fitted, works with steering controls, includes bluetooth phone function, ipod connector, USB connector, SD memory card slot to store music, DVD player, analogue TV which can be upgraded to digital TV and a reversing camera can also be added to the unit. Could be removed and replaced with original stereo if price is negotiated on.
-I fitted a sub woofer to improve sound quality - again can be removed if not required and price negotiated on.

Drives perfect. No bangs, knocks, or any other unsavory noises. Pulls strongly and cleanly, no issues with the MAF. Will give up to 50mpg on the motorway if you take your time. I usually get 45mpg on a decent run not being overly cautious about fuel consumption. Short stop start journeys you'll see around 38mpg but nothing less. Very cheap to run especially for such a quality mid-size saloon.

Starts first time every time. The only time it didn't start was when the battery gave up. Never failed to start since the new battery was fitted.

Whoever buys it will be buying a beautiful car that has had all the hard work done for them! The body work is excellent, it's not A1 perfect - there are the odd age related stone chip and mark, but no dents or creases anywhere and it is a very clean example. The interior is immaculate with just minor wear on the driver side bolster. It is a very handsome car. When polished it really catches your eye.

Anyone interested I'd be glad to hear from you.

As a side note to people who struggle with high insurance, if you haven't already tried getting a quote on a diesel ZT it's worth doing. I found this car cheaper to insure than diesel ZR's and ZS's, and cheaper than many modern superminis like 1.2 Mazda 2's for instance. Don't right off the ZT because it's assumed to be expensive to run!

Thanks for looking.

See less See more
#6 ·
Will be in South Wales this w/e. Would love to come & have a look at it... if it's still for sale. Recently sold my ZT-T but a diesel would be much more economic to run. Could prob go to £1750 price wise.
Sorry both. But I can take it to the likes of We Buy Any Car and get £2k for it. It's worth nearer £3k easily, and for £3k I'd be looking to put the original CD player back in and removing the subwoofer.

#5 ·
Having had a quick look on Autotrader there are similar examples going for more like £3000 to £3500. That's more in line with what I'd like to achieve from selling it. Remember it's had all the jobs done that ZTs have problems with. Even to the point where I've sealed any water leaks into the boot.

The flywheel didn't need changing. It was checked and was within tolerances. Clutch was changed due to slave cylinder failing, not through clutch wear.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.