MG-Rover.org Forums banner

What have you done to your 400/45/ZS today?

411K views 3K replies 361 participants last post by  nOw2 
#1 ·
Pretty much as it says above peeps, what have we all been up to today?

I received the wiring adaptor (BMW to ISO) for the headunit so I can swap out the radio :) Got a bit of a surprise the other night expecting a two minute job!

When did the BMW style wiring come into play? I thought it was more of a 45-onwards thing? Car is a 99 400.

#82 ·
Not today but yesterday Dave the mobile mechanic and his mate Chris came over to "sunny" Nth Notts and replaced my headgasket and other components.........and today I was able to drive around at work.Back to the luxury of heated leather seats,and I could give my son his Saxo back.Thanks Sam.
Also many thanks to Dave and Chris who spent their Sunday afternoon in the cold fixing my motor,Cheers lads.

#84 ·
finally found the courage to cut out my dash hatch and fit the new windscreen demist vent (well i say new, its from a mk1 Range Rover :yikes:)

The demisting power now nothing short of excellent! even for a diesel on these cold icy mornings. The cabin keeps a constant temperature much better now too. just got to finish off plumbing in the side demisters, try to blend it into the dash better and its all done

http://www.gotbroken.com/wp-content...Rover-first-generation-1970-1995-Interior.jpg

#88 ·
good lord!! what on earth happened? i hope that he is alright? the car looks to have taken the brunt of it anyway

im trying to figure out what happened! damage that far up the engine its made a hole in the manifold? yet it doesnt seem to have crumpled that much at the front!! plus with the bonnet looking like that, has he run into the back of a trucks trailor or something? though that wouldnt explain the damage to the door

#95 ·
good lord!! what on earth happened? i hope that he is alright? the car looks to have taken the brunt of it anyway

im trying to figure out what happened! damage that far up the engine its made a hole in the manifold? yet it doesnt seem to have crumpled that much at the front!! plus with the bonnet looking like that, has he run into the back of a trucks trailor or something? though that wouldnt explain the damage to the door
Lost it aquaplanning and hit the central barrier. My son walked away without a scratch

#89 ·
Sent my 45 off to the garage today to have the head gasket done, cambelt and the inlet and exhaust gaskets. It was starting to loose water but it had never overheated so thought I should bite the bullet and do it now before it gets more expensive. The garage said they didn't fancy doing it at first as apparently K series engines are more difficult than most engines to do head gaskets? not what I had heard but oh well... :)

#96 ·
Finally got round to changing the pollen filter, dead easy! :D Well it was once I'd removed the ton of crap the missus has wedged in the glovebox and everywhere else! :cus:

Housing was full of leaves, so gave that a good hoovering. Saw on here about dropping out the motor itself for a clean - is it just the three screws in the bottom of the housing?

#104 ·
for sale

Well, I went out and jump started my zs 120 1.8L as its not moved for the last 3 months. It's on 52 plates. Green in colour. 105,000 miles. Great all round condition, just needs drivers window fixed, its came off the mechanism. I'm in the Longbridge area of Birmingham. If you are interested, please email me awburnside40@googlemail.com I would like about 1000 pounds for it, if you arrive in an MG or a rover, 900 pounds.