MG-Rover.org Forums banner

Big Rear Brakes

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  James C 
#1 ·
Vehicle Handling Solutions have just released their 266mm rear disk mod. Its been in development for a while but I believe they had problems sourcing the disks. It uses the existing calliper with a new disk and calliper support bracket.
At Castle Coombe, Dave was sporting the first set out of their workshops. Haven't spoken to him to find how he felt about them by the end of the track day but the big disks at the back sure looked good :)

#2 ·
First impressions are good Tim, I spoke to Dave about them after and he said he certainly noticed the difference..

For general road use its probably not worth it as you really won't see the benefit but for extreme track use, its now on my to do list.

Stu

PS Cracking day yesterday, I've even got a little sunburnt :bgrin2:

#5 ·
Not cheap but how many of theses limited volume mods are.

NEW for 2007 - our MGF and MGTF big rear brake kit provides a pair of 266mm discs, brackets and fixings to allow the use of your standard calipers, thereby retaining the handbrake. Greater performance and better thermal capacity with style! Complete kit £340+VAT (Replacement discs £80+VAT/pair)
Yes, just a disk and carrier upgrade allowing the pads to work at a larger radius for more torque and better cooling.

#7 ·
LOL, yes a £260 bracket if you look at it that way - well actually two £130 brackets I suppose ;)

Correct the disks are single source. I suppose, in a way, its good of them to have apparently put the development cost onto the one off purchase bracket rather than load the replacement disks.

#9 ·
It shouldn't affect the ABS, there are sensors on all 4 wheels.

As the rear brakes are the same irrispective of front brake setup. Seems a logical plan for those with APs and grooved front disks to restore a bit of the originally designed balance.

TBH most of the braking effort is from the front wheels anyway because of the weight shift.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.