MG-Rover.org Forums banner

Le500 car parts

5K views 40 replies 22 participants last post by  Lolly82 
#1 ·
Hi I have recently had a coolant loss had the car looked at the car needs some new parts. The garage have been trying to get these parts from mg to be told they arent available no more. My car is only 3 years old

#4 ·
Just to clarify as she's at work at the moment:

The T piece on the bottom of the car that links the cooling system to the pipes that run under the car to the radiator has broken. We've been told that there are no spares for this part. The mechanic who is looking at this for us is phoning a mate of his to see if he can fabricate one.

Fingers crossed! Its a real shame as she bloody loves that LE500 and has to walk passed a broken one every morning to take my Volvo. However on the plus side my ZR is getting a nice run :)

#23 ·
You might have difficulty obtaining the connector seperately, but you might be able to get it as part of a complete hose assembly.

Have a look here on rimmer brothers!
I thought manufactures had to supply spare parts of at least 10 years post final production. also I thought that the xpart deal only applied to the MGRover days not the current MG cars????
Not true about 10 years from last date of production. That is an urban myth I think you will find. XPart do support the MG Motor TF but not the MG6 and later cars from MG Motor.

Until we can get the parts the car is undriveable so is now sat on the drive for last couple of days
Hi,
Sorry to hear about your problem. From the link above to the Rimmers site, which item number is it you are after and I will see what we can offer.

Cheers

Stu

#22 ·
my 09 car had the o2sensor go and also had a faulty oil temp gauge, both I was told were not available from MG via the official route and so I had to order from ebay!

The gauge they acutally could source but not the le500 black backed one so I am having to open up a new and faulty one then swap the backing over to solve the problem. Because of this it was not covered on warrenty but at least I got the gauge for £10.

Luckily I've not had any major problems like the OP

#25 ·
I had problems getting what I needed for my TF85, it was 18 months old. I had to resort to e bay for some and had been waiting 6 weeks for a tiny piece of stripe before I sold her.

The lack of some parts and some back up from MG is truly disgusting. It is a shame because these cars are great fun and have a very loyal following.
My local dealership jumped through hoops to help me and are very good.

I know of owners of under warranty cars who have given up and fixed them on their own, this shows just how loyal a bunch MG owners are. They soooo deserve better from the company they support.

#27 ·
so parts not available ect now thats bad
if i had one and it would be my daily drive to work ect then id be mad at mg
other makes supply part for 10 years

Mg get your act together as you will lose customers

i would not touch an mg 6 with a barge pole been in one and its just cheap and tacky interior engine missed a beat on acceleration and that was the demo car

but the outside look is good love the shape pitty some one else dont make it

sorry for the rant but a company has to supply parts for 10 years
so much for the MG rescue

no wonder some have got rid of there new tfs

#35 ·
Keith is also the guy who recently replied to my email within 10 minutes, told me how long itg would take to get the info I wanted and supplied that info within 3 hours of my request. Far more than "the guy who runs the fb page".

keith is also the guy who sourced an oil temp guage for my 2009 TF135 when the dealer couldn't get one. XPART were also helpfull but didn't (at that time) carry MF Motor specific parts. My replacment came from line stock.

Obviously you know but some people don't realise that XPART and MG Motor are totally different companies and that they have different supply chains. Doesn't help when it's the dealer who doesn't seem to understand this ... what hope for independant repair shops?

#37 ·
Ok there has been some movement on this. The part we need is the hose assembly (Part number: PCH003320) but we can't get it anywhere so far. Can anyone help?
Last 2 left in the world. Better be quick!

SMC Heathrow
West Drayton, United Kingdom Stock Updated: 12/03/2012

1 £56.57 Damen & Kroes Boxtel B V
BOXTEL, The Netherlands Stock Updated: 01/02/2012

1 £56.57

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.