MG-Rover.org Forums banner

Little black plastic lumps and roof guides

984 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  devon 
#1 ·
My lad's asking too many questions I can't answer now about R600 ...

1. What are those 2 little black plastic lumps on the side windows ? (about 1/2" sq) I always thought they were covering a screw head/fitment and thought nothing of them in 14 years ! Are they to do with air/water/rain flow ?

2. Are the 2 roof guides primary reason : roof rack fitting or to cover up the seam welding (or other ?)

3. Should the ends of the roof guides be completely sealed or does water actually need to seap under the window surrounds ? (ie should the guide actually seal the channel completely,as mine have shrunk and you do get water in them) However the rear end seems to drain into around the boot edge under the window edge/rubber fitment and out into the boot lip. (you can see particles of dust/dried mud etc). I have no ingress of water into the car.

Gordon

#3 ·
Thanks for response..
re. 3. Mine are rusting/bubbling in places.. so some TLC to administer soon + the rubber seal around windows has shrunk and fraying also, so some silicon sealant needed - "a stitch in time" as they say..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.