MG-Rover.org Forums banner

MGF Ride Height

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Carl 
#1 ·
After fitting my new alloys this evening i got the tape measure out and checked my ride height. I know i need to pump up the Hydragas but as it stands my rear is 30cm from centre of alloy to wheel arch and my front is 32cm. This is a good 5cm lower than it should be. Im not going to get chance to sort this for a week or so. If i drive my car as it is will it cause any potential damage or is it just a case of avoiding lumps and bumps? I read somewhere about the membranes in the hydragas cylinders my be damaged if its run too low?

#2 ·
I would say that any damage that may occur, may already have occurred. I wouldn't think another week will make any difference one way or another.

#3 ·
You did'nt say what size wheels you put on, but if its 16" trophy or similar what should the height be?? With 15" it should be about 35cm or 350mm so if an inch is added thats 25mm or 2.5cm divided by 2 from centre hub thats 12.5mm or 1.2cm so the height should be 238mm or 23.8cm. Is this correct??:iwstupid:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.