MG-Rover.org Forums banner

Not to sure where to put this - How to use Bradex easy start?

26K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  BIGGUNS 
#1 ·
Anyone used this before? The instructions on the back read "Spay into air intake" well what goods that going to do? also do I take off the air filter and spray up there or do I just waft it up the pipe near the head light? How does this magic stuff supposed to make the car start when the problem is the engine is to cold and damp?!

#3 ·
As said, undo the air-box and give it a 5 second burst up the air-intake, put the can to one side and immediately attempt to start the engine, before it evaporates out of the system. Do not use while someone else is cranking the engine as a blow back could ignite the can. I use butane which is equally potentially dangerous.

Why would it work?....... when the ignition system is damp, the spark is often weak, this mixture catches easier, it's as simple as that. Then as the starter motor is no longer cranking, more current goes to the ignition system and it's able to ignite with the normal petrol/air mixture.

#4 ·
"How to use Bradex easy start?" Basically; Don't, except in dire emergencies. It is simply ether which ignites very easily, but has the drawback of drying out the cylinder liner if used frequently. With constant use, engines become addicted to it and won't start without it. Further continued use can lead to extreme difficulty in getting it started at all. Best advice is to rectify the reason for poor starting in the first place - replace the battery/get the engine tuned etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.