MG-Rover.org Forums banner

Wiring circuit for Electric Windows in Facelifted R25

3K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  foggy18 
#1 ·
Since Body Control Unit has a fault on it, can anyone supply a way of wiring the electric windows to a separate controller?

Estimates for replacing BCU are currently £712 in Leeds ex-Rover Dealer. Very difficult to get someone to quote me a price as they all want to do their own diagnostics on it (£94 a time).

Part numbers of suitable controller would be helpful and wiring diagram or help?

Rover 25 54 plate 3 door car, so just front windows.

Neil :)

#3 ·
Hi Pete

The drivers door window won't go up. The switch works in the down position. We have swapped switches with the passenger side and found that the switch is not at fault. The motor is also not at fault.

We have powered the window to the up position and disconnected it under the door card.

Neil

#4 ·
The good old BCU problem. The only option I have for you is to wire the windows so they just go up and down on each side. That does mean you loose the one touch function.

But let me know. Also I am happy to supply you a diagram for the standard BCU setup. However it wont make much sense to you unless your good with electrics.

#8 ·
wiringg diagram

The good old BCU problem. The only option I have for you is to wire the windows so they just go up and down on each side. That does mean you loose the one touch function.

But let me know. Also I am happy to supply you a diagram for the standard BCU setup. However it wont make much sense to you unless your good with electrics.
would be a great help if you could send me the wiring diagram as i have the dreedid bcu fault, just having the windows to work would be a good start, look forward to hearing from you.
Regards
Foggy

#5 ·
Hi Seijin

To be honest I didn't know the one-touch existed on my car as I always had to keep using the switch to power it up. Does by-passing the BCU mean wiring up the switch straight to the motor? Or do you need a controller?

Are you willing/able to do the job for me? I don't mind travelling as to get it done would be a total relief!!

#7 ·
Just purchased a Window Control Unit off eBay so hopefully will be able to direct wire the Driver's window and switch to that instead of going through the BCU.

I see that the passenger window (which works) is controlled by relays so presumably a simpler function in the BCU?

PS After maybe 50 turns of the ignition the engine warning light is now off!
PPS now to setup my Scanguage2

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.