MG-Rover.org Forums banner

anti roll bar bushes

7K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  g7nbp 
#1 ·
ive done a search for these on here but seem to find no one with any issues with them,can this be true??

Anywho, if any one can tell me if they are easy to fit or even pictures of where they are, maybe if they are on a crossmember or something?

Id be greatfull.

thanks
steve.

#4 ·
Ok smarty pant, i do know where they should be but never having a TF up on ramps im not sure exactly where they are, It does of coarse mean they could be on the front crossmember or on a crossmember at the rear od the front clam.

The symptoms of a light rattle on the front end when you go over speed bumps, the exact problem i had on two other cars, which when i replaced the ARB's went away seem to be on the TF.

Hi mate,

replaced mine front and rear with poly bushes. Anti roll bar is the 22mm or so diameter bar of which there is one at the front and another at the rear.

They front is obvious and goes between each wheel. Held in place by the drop link off each front hub. it is held underneath the body of the car by 2 brackets. very easy t replace - 6 bolts in total.

The rear one attach to the rear drop links but goes on top but behind the exhaust. again held by a bolt on each drop link and 2 brackets. This one is a bit more difficult but not significantly.

Thanks, did you replace them whilst the ARB was in place or take the whole lot off ?
Asin the past on other cars when i have replaced ARB's you can do one side then the other,without removing anything more than just the bush clamp.

#3 ·
Hi mate,

replaced mine front and rear with poly bushes. Anti roll bar is the 22mm or so diameter bar of which there is one at the front and another at the rear.

They front is obvious and goes between each wheel. Held in place by the drop link off each front hub. it is held underneath the body of the car by 2 brackets. very easy t replace - 6 bolts in total.

The rear one attach to the rear drop links but goes on top but behind the exhaust. again held by a bolt on each drop link and 2 brackets. This one is a bit more difficult but not significantly.

#7 ·
first thing, my question was to get a better understanding of your problem so as to give a more informed answer, I was NOT trying to be a smart arse.

second, the TF has sub frames front and rear, the ARB is attached to that and drop links off the bottom arm, see here for an exploded view and p/n's.

third, I don't think it will be the ARB, unless the bushes have fallen out, check the track rod ends for play, its amazing how much rattle they cause when worn.

#17 ·
I had the reverse problem, fronts are about(!) right, but the rears were about 4mm too small. Bought from Deflex (now not an ebay seller - draw your own conclusions). Ive put the originals back for now, but ordered a replacement set from Mike Satur.

Analogies of peanuts and monkies are almost certainly applicable. feel free to flame as you wish.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.