MG ZR Amp and Sub Qs - MG-Rover.org Forums

Go Back   MG-Rover.org Forums > Ask The Gurus! - Help and Advice Forums > In-Car Audio, Entertainment, Sat Nav etc...

Old 04-04-2012, 21:58   #1
RyanZR
Temporary Seller

Car: Solar Red 120
Amp and Sub Qs

Hi,

Im looking to amp up my front components, where is best to mount the amp? I have a space by where the CD autochanger should be.

I have a subwoofer too.. but it has a built in amp... can i power my amp and subwoofer from my battery?

Or am i just better off amping my fronts and leaving the sub.

How can i run both at the same time. Really want to experience amped front components (Edge setup with seperate tweeters!)
RyanZR is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2012, 22:16   #2
4743hudsonj
Supporter

Tournaments Won: 1

Car: MKII ZR 105
Garages
You can power both amps via your battery just fine. Ifs its a weaker battery or if you do short trips you may want to get a heavy duty battery towards winter time though.

As for wiring, you have two options. The first is to just run two separate wiring kits.

The second is a little more expensive but a lot neater and easier to add to/change in the future. You basically run an uprated Live cable from the battery to a fused distribution block in the boot to which you attach two smaller gauge Live wires that then go to your amps. You then just ground them both to the same point to avoid ground loops and bridge the remote cables together. What you do with the RCA's depends on how many outputs you have on the headunit.
4743hudsonj is offline   Reply With Quote