MG-Rover.org Forums banner

Electric wing mirror adjustment failed

12K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Johnny2R 
#1 ·
Came back to my car in a car park to find that some low-life verminous type had knocked off the passenger side wing mirror and left it hanging by the wire. I've been able to Araldite it back in place, but I've discovered that the electric adjustment no longer works. It doesn't work for the driver's side either, though, and it's entirely possible that the failure is unrelated to the damage (I don't adjust the mirrors often so the failure may have occurred some time back). When I try the adjustment controls, nothing at all happens. Any suggestions as to what the problem might be? My first thought was perhaps a fuse, but there doesn't appear to be a fuse associated with the wing mirrors.

#3 ·
mine stopped working then started again after the battery was disconnected for another job, this seems to sort out all types of electrical problems, worth a try. but make sure you have radio code and close down Sat nav properly before you disconnect.

Ray

#11 ·
I think phoworth is referring to the switch located in the driver's arm rest. Use a thin, flat bladed knife or similar to prise it up, but put a cloth or some paper towel under the knife to prevent marking the rest. This switch has given grief to a few 75/ZT owners but if the contacts or switch can't be sorted, they come up fairly often on eBay (check RRP prices first). Use some proper switch cleaner, not WD40.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.