MG-Rover.org Forums banner

How to use K-Seal

16K views 51 replies 11 participants last post by  Griffo 
#1 ·
Am I right in thinking this is how to use K-Seal ?

Pour 50:50 Anti-Freeze/Deionised water into a bucket, shake K-Seal, pour entire bottle into the bucket and mix.

Pour into cooling system, bleed (after trying to get rusty clips off hoses :lol:), job done!

#3 ·
I don't really care if people think it works or not, I just want to know how to use it.

And thank you, I'll wait until I buy it then read the instructions then.

However if you have to warm the engine up first surely you would have to remove some coolant to make room for the K-Seal ?

This post has been deleted
#4 · (Edited)
Yes hold on you have just dropped something out of your pram:pram:

But if you google K-Seal (Remember google it can turn up all sorts of things)
You find the K-seal site and low and behold they have instructions .. Well roger me with a broom handle, fancy that.

Just in case you still have a fear of google, I have done it for you ....

K-Seal® is simple to use:
  • Shake bottle vigorously (at least 30 seconds) to ensure that the contents are evenly mixed.
  • Add the entire contents to the radiator or overflow tank. (When adding K-Seal® to the overflow tank, pre-mix the contents with 1 to 2 litres of water to ensure effective dispersal into the cooling system. Allow time for the product to enter the cooling system if you are treating a slow leak. Do not pour K-Seal® directly onto metal).
  • The leak will stop within 1 to 3 minutes once the engine has reached operating temperature.
  • Top up the coolant as necessary leaving the K-Seal® in the system for future sealing. K-Seal® is compatible with all types of antifreeze.
Edit .. Thanks for the rep JMurray01 .. You really need to get out more
.. Touche

#14 ·
A chocolate teapot can be quite useful if you like chcolate and dont like tea ...
I dont see what is confusing the website clearly gives all the details you need, unless you want them to develop a version that you undo the bottle and it just applies itself to the car for you while you stand back and watch ? Maybe drop them a line to suggest that ?

#18 ·
What I mean is, do I have to add it to cold or hot coolant!?

And if I have to add it to cold coolant, why not just add it to the mixture in the bucket then pour the whole lot in in one go ?
The instructions indicate from cold and then bring the engine up to normal temperature, it only works when the engine gets to normal temperature. You need to removed 1-2 litres and mix this with the K-Seal so it enters the coolant system and doesnt just sit in the expansion tank. Its not rocket science, you just need to get the contents of the bottle to be circulating round the coolant system and the theory is this will go into the leaking area and the particles in the K-Seal will plug it up.

#24 ·
Make life easier for yourself by not filling it up so much you have to drain it.

If there is no coolant in the engine at the moment then mix the antifreeze anf the K-seal and top up to the max mark.

If there's coolant in it at the moment, but there isn't enough room to get 2 more litres in, then you need to drain some.

#23 ·
So in another thread you were asking advice on doing the head gasket yourself. Then when you got the advice you are now asking for a cheats way which may not even fix the issue you have. Then you slate people for their advice. Are you sure your car is real. Oh wait. Finds the thread in general chat.

#26 ·
Yes, the car is real, go to my Youtube and see numerous videos featuring the Rover, one with me sitting in the passenger seat as my mother drives it, and lots of others with it sitting in the drive way.

I was going to change the HG myself, but because we're moving, I won't have time.

This post has been deleted
#34 ·
I am now going to wash the carpet in the boot of my Range Rover with my Vax hoover, I will be back to start a thread asking how to turn the hoover on and how to open the boot shortly.
No need for a new thread.

If the boot is open, close it.

With the boot closed you can now check that it opens. (With me so far?)
If it opens, close it while you go and get the hoover.
Open the boot. (still with me?)
Turn the hoover on.
If the hoover doesn't work, close the boot and go back inside.
Change the fuse on the hoover plug.
Realise the socket wasn't switched on.
Switch the socket on.
Go back outside and open the boot.
Switch on the hoover (following?)
Hoover the boot.
Close the boot.
Put the hoover away.
Job done. (congratulations you made it to the end!)

See, it doesn't have to be simple. :lol:

#45 ·
So it looks like your question has been answered, even to the simplest of terms.

I would like to ask a question if I may:

Are you using K-Seal to fix the HGF on your Rover 200? Since you posted it in Other Motoring Chat and not MG Rover Related Chat. You haven't actually said which car your fixing. I am assuming the Rover, but assumption is your worse enemy.

Another thing to add, 1) If you plan to sell the car in the future, be sure to tell the next "owner" that you have done the cheap/dodgy way of repairing a HGF by adding K-Seal and not actually doing the head properly. actually, blow it, 2) Just don't do the K-Seal and let someone else have the car before you do any more damage to it.

#49 ·
K seal may work on a small leak in the radiator or maybe even a pin hole in a rubber hose,but it will not stop leaks from the water pump or thermostat housing,i have tried it it fails,i replaced the pump and that cured the leak so there you have it.
K seal is ok for a very temporary fix,to get you home if you will,or to a garage but that is all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.