MG-Rover.org Forums banner

Rover 45 thermostat for the 2.0TD

5K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  sarie 
#1 ·
Anyone know where I can source one of these? Ebay seems to only have thermostats for the K-series.. I can't find any for the L-Series.

I've got a Rover 45 2001 (Y reg) 2.0iL TD model.

No major rush, but I'm going to service the engine shortly and would like to swap out the thermostat at the same time as my heaters are pretty luke warm and fairly sure the thermostat is to blame! :)

#4 ·
Engine model is down as 2.0i .. is that the TD engine? I wasn't sure if they did a 2.0 petrol model or if the 2.0i is the diesel model.. I saw this listing earlier lol :)
Mine is a 2001 year so that'd do the job!

I should imagine the one you've found for the 25 will fit if it's for the 25 as the ZR is basically the same car, but I don't know enough about which engine model is in which car to be sure .. as the above shows :lol:

My air is luke warm and it takes around 15-20 miles for the temp gauge to reach the halfway point.. and in really cold weather (-5 or below) it never reaches halfway unless I get the car up to high speeds on a dual.. and even then it struggles.

So I'm hoping a thermostat change will solve it.

#11 ·
im having to do this job on my 25 td when i either get money to get a garage to do it of do it myself .

theres loads of talk on that some are sealed units some not .

mines takes ages to warm up when really cold like -5 after like 15 miles its just reaching where its ment to be and when i restart the car the temp is down again so i think its defo thermostat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.