MG-Rover.org Forums banner

rover 45 turbo diesel?

7K views 50 replies 15 participants last post by  asoares 
#1 ·
HI ppl
Thinking of buying a X reg 2000 rover 45 turbo diesel,just wanted to know did they upgrade the engine from the old sdi one that was in the 420 and 220sdi?

#9 ·
if it came out the factory on the higher map it will have a 83KW sticker on the passenger door pillar...

also if it has rear drums it may be the lower power, but not always....

from my memory of driving both before i got mine, the 101 model did not feel like the turbo spooled up until 2K where as the 115 is going at 1800ish....

also stick your reg plate in a insurance website and see what is returned....

As mentioned you can get either remapped to the same level afterwards if you do have 101 and it is too low power for you :)

HTH

Pete

#19 ·
as said, the fuelling setup is different on the 200/400 to the 45.

The setup from 400 to 45 is different in the way SD to SDi isn't the same, same block, big differences to tunability.

For example the vp30 has its map stored on pump if I recall correctly, where on the sdi's it's in the ecu. Also the sdi's use the MAP sensor to asses air before deciding on the fuelling where the 45's would use the MAF sensor.

As you can see therefore plugging a tu1 into the map sensor would not increase performance as the ecu wouldn't adjust the fuelling due to adjusted map figures.

#21 · (Edited)
At moment just a standard 400 with tu1, hybrid turbo, and wingy injectors.

She should be running at about 150 horses, but I'd say about 130. She has very decent poke on her but there's considerable turbo lag and the kick isn't that extreme. Nor does she smoke much with tu1 turned up (she did to start with but now its only quite light). Though dans done wonders with her.

#25 ·
sorry but hybrid turbos do generally cost £££'s - you can probably egt 130 from a remap though and maybe more with sdi injectors. :D

if you want 130 though, do talk to Matt/PocketbikeUK, because he is in fact both the remap and turbo guy. So he's the guy you need regardless of which route you take.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.