MG-Rover.org Forums banner

MGZT 1.8 Turbo Stolen, Newcastle, Grey Metalic, 53 reg

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  jordzs 
#1 ·
Hiya,
My mates MG ZT was stolen some time around Monday the 5th, from Shiremoor in newcastle, it had No tax or MOT but had only done 6000 miles since the full engine rebuild bottom and top end including regrinded big end and racing cams etc.

the alloys had 4 brand new tyres on 18 inch hairpins with spare alloy.

just if anyone has been offered any alloys or a shell in gun metal grey please can you check for a dent in the rear passenger door its the only dent on the car very bottom going into the rear sill. just slightly dented.

he is insured but thinks they may not pay out due to it being SORN, the clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder popped all over and he was waiting for my new lockup opening before we did the clutch and master / slave cylinder.

Had BIG_CJC on the bottom of the reg plates

See less See more
#5 ·
Gits, hope this has a happy ending.

This happened to someone I know, car was SORN and left outside a his unit on an industrial estate for a few weeks, one day no car...police did nothing but write something down in their book.

CCTV from another building showed it on the back of a lorry. I'd like to say a low loader and the car to treated with care, but it was a lorry that builders merchants use with a big claw grabber. I recall the car looked in a state on the back of the lorry, car was never found...suspect it was taken to a scrap yard or stripped for parts.

#7 ·
Yeh lol someone from our MG,Rover Forum? :) On a serious note though all cars are worth quite abit now for scrap, alot more than previously. I scrapped my old Honda Prelude 2.0I Motegi and got 250 quid for it. If i would have sold the bits and stripped the car i would have got alot more. Theres cars on Ebay all the time with blown head gaskets etc going for well over 500 and plenty of business for car dismantlers on there also, i bet they make a killing. Sad to hear i know but the truth im afraid.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.