MG-Rover.org Forums banner

Vauxhall Zafira Gets A New Look As Sales Continue To Boom

3K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  Ian 
#1 ·
ZAFIRA GETS A NEW LOOK AS SALES CONTINUE TO BOOM

* MPV best-seller gets improved trim and styling changes
* Exclusiv model introduced
* Zafira remains the market leading MPV

Britain’s best-selling MPV has just got even better!

With some styling changes, a new trim level and equipment upgrades, the class-leading Vauxhall Zafira looks set to further increase its popularity in the UK market.

The changes, set to coincide with the introduction of the new ‘08’ numberplates, include extra chrome detailing on the radiator grille, new foglamp surrounds, revised rear lamp clusters and chrome detailing on the front headlamp lenses.

With a focus on high value and comprehensive equipment levels, the new Exclusiv trim comes with an impressive equipment list. Standard kit includes air conditioning, a CD stereo, remote central deadlocking, electric front windows, side, front and curtain airbags, 16-inch Structure wheels, roof rails and body-coloured exterior trim.

Curtain airbags become standard on all Zafira models, while Design, Elite and VXR models also get new piano black interior detailing around the audio and ventilation controls.

In 2007, Vauxhall sold 47,813 Zafiras, giving the model a total of 27.7 per cent of the compact monocab segment. The Zafira alone beat the combined sales of one key rival’s three MPV models, proving that the model’s flexibility makes it a favourite with many different types of customer. As well as the Zafira, Vauxhall offers the smaller Meriva and the soon to be launched New Agila.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Not a fan of the Zafira at all. I know it's really practical and all........

One of my mates made a 'mistake' and now he's father to two twin girls. As a result he had to buy a Zafira, and I thought to myself, now that is unlucky.

I mean getting your girlfriend 'up the duff' by accident, then finding out she's expecting two not one, that's bad, but getting yourself saddled with a Zafira is :eek: x a zillion

#4 ·
Quality on my new Vectra on the interior puts MG Rover's to shame. Only snag is they could not be bothered to cold test the electrics. It was only -2 yesterday yet my sat nav, message screen, cd player, wipers and lights would not work on my Vectra.

Went to work in the Metro and not a problem with anything.

#9 ·
Quality on my new Vectra on the interior puts MG Rover's to shame. Only snag is they could not be bothered to cold test the electrics. It was only -2 yesterday yet my sat nav, message screen, cd player, wipers and lights would not work on my Vectra.
Maybe so, but having spend half of today in a Vauxhall dealership, they're just mind-numbingly dull on the inside, same with the new Astra, I really don't like it.

It's either fake silver plastic or grey rubber, with a little bit of chrome on the gear lever if you stretch to the 'Elite' model for the lucky ones. They really must have no imagination at GM styling...

#7 ·
The Vauxhall Zafira... I had the original model in 1.6 flavour. Practical, yes, but as awful as awful gets to drive (this from someone who drives a G-Wiz and a 53 year old MG, and occasionally a Leyland double decker bus).

It was so bad I sold it and went to public transport and a bicycle instead.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.