MG-Rover.org Forums banner

rear windscreen washer not working

8K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  shocka144 
#1 ·
a minor annoyance on my "to-do" list

the front windscreen wash works fine but when i try to do the back all i can hear is the pump, no water comes out. i reckon theres a trap somewhere :p

any advice?

#4 ·
No need to go to this effort straight away..... first, pull back the black plastic sleeves between the top of the boot lid & the roof. This is where all the wiring (RHS on a R200) & water pipes (LHS R200) go. More often than not, the constant opening & closing of your boot has weaken the tube that runs through this section & cracked it. Simply repair this & youll be back on your way :D

(if this doesnt work, then go for the method mention by coopsman1, very similar but more uncommon :) )

#6 ·
The "Boot Lid" is the door you pull up to gain access to the "Boot" :D , where your spare wheel etc lives. With this lifted up you will see two, black, rubber tubes going from the car body into the boot lid. The one on the left next to the hinge is the one that has the washer pipe in it.

HTH

#7 ·
I had the blockage problem recently on my ZR, it turns out the screenwash had caused the problem, it must have gone off or something and clogged up the pipes. It seems to have gradually freed itself up, but now my rear jets need lining up as i tried the pin treatment first off, they either don't spray far enough up the screen or past it, i just can't seem to get them right...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.