MG-Rover.org Forums banner

Whats your work background ?

13K views 204 replies 119 participants last post by  BenZS 
#1 ·
Im a nosey git :wavecry:
Im an aerospace engineer, mostly electronics nowdays but used to work in both paint shops in longbridge as a maintenance engineer.

#106 ·
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

I let one go during live missile training at Valley, the motor went but the release bolts didn,t.
That was one big hole I can tell you and the aero dynamics were sh$t until they repaired it

Did they not have how to's in those days

#102 ·
Oh and while I'm being nosey...

Professional Musican from 1988-2008 (session guitarist) did some personal retraining during the last few years so I could get out!
Started working for Hewlett Packard as a contingent worker in 2008, went full time HP in 2010.
Now the out of hours service desk manager seconded to the Atlas Consortium (still as a HP employee) supporting the MoD IT Infrastructre

#115 ·
I used to be a former semi-pro guitar player :) and also worked in the field of strength and conditioning and I am a chartered physiotherapist in my country (Italy).

I've been working in the NHS for the last 4 years as a clinical exercise physiologist and I'm also a graduate sport nutritionist (don't have much time for the latter unfortunately).
Music Industry is great when the works there isn't it :broon: Sadly the wages haven't changed for the last 10 years and even studio's are trying to push the rates back down!
That's why I got out, costs up, wages down or flat lined :(

#104 ·
Another Graphic Designer here. Print, web, exhibition stuff, and anything else I get the chance to have ago at :) Though the only place I seem to see product packaging I've worked on is in garden centres and TK Max!

At uni I worked for a wine merchant. So I like nice cars and nice wine :D

#107 ·
I used to be a former semi-pro guitar player :) and also worked in the field of strength and conditioning and I am a chartered physiotherapist in my country (Italy).

I've been working in the NHS for the last 4 years as a clinical exercise physiologist and I'm also a graduate sport nutritionist (don't have much time for the latter unfortunately).

#111 ·
I'm self employed Data Analyst for a healthcare provider but since my contract got drastically reduced last year, I now also work as an administrator for two retained fire stations.

My job sounds slightly dull compared to a lot here, but I enjoy it and can't complain about my working environment :minxy:

#112 ·
I worked in IT for years as a field engineer keeping car dealerships running by repairing all the computers and printers that had coffee spilled on them or were so full of brake dust and oil that i needed a spoon to get inside them.

Was made redundant at the end of 2008, moved to Belfast to care for my mum until she died in april 2010 then was made homeless when they wouldn't let me stay in her house, had to find my way back to Chester to my dad then found my own place to live and do what ever temporary work I can to get by until I find something permanent. any day now. :)

I have no work at the minute so I'm currently one of the 100s of people applying for every job and never getting a reply. :(

Trying to get a job is harder work than any job I ever did, can't wait until I'm employed again and can start looking forward to my day's off :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.