MG-Rover.org Forums banner

Pagid Vs Eicher

27K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Gooner86 
#1 ·
Alright folks,

I've got a strange rubbing/clicking/scraping from my front O/S so I'm thinking (hoping) it could be that I warped my brake disc the other day as they did get a tad warm so I'll be replacing both discs and pads as they could do with being swapped soon anyway.

Now, I've had a look on eurocarparts and there are 2 sets discs, one made by Pagid and one by Eicher. The ones by Eicher would save me about £15 with pads too so I'm wondering if there is any difference in quality between the two? I don't want to save a bit of money to find out that if I'd shelled out more, they would have lasted another few thousand miles...

Cheers, G.

#2 ·
Put quite simply, they will both do the job, and are both approved.

Pagid are an original brake pad supplier - this year they produced 30% of the brakes for the VW group - making them one of the biggest braking companies in the world. They will often come with some extra parts in the box to aid fast fitting, and are a geniune original quality, premium persons choice.

Eicher are designed for customers who are very price sensitive, and simply want to fit the cheapest pads, Where a brand such as Pagid don't want to compete on price.
They meet the same criteria for safety and performance, and are backed by the same guarantee.

My personal opinion, for the small difference, go for Pagid!

#6 ·
Based on just the fact that certain car brands use them speaks volumes imho.
Your not wrong!

Almost every VW has had Pagid off the manufactures line at some point in its life, aswell as the new Vauxhall Astra, insignia VXR, Porsche Cayenne and many many more! (plus i've got Pagid pads and discs on my 3 series)

Don't think about it as 'spending extra money' as your not - Your just not choosing the economy brand :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.