MG-Rover.org Forums banner

MG TF Models

2K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  Petevick 
#1 ·
Hi all,

Is there somewhere that somebody could point me in the direction of, to tell me the models/editions and specs available? Being new to the TF's and having only viewed a couple, I'm not sure of the differences between each model....e.g having just viewed a 52 plate, TF 135 Sprint - the bonnet had the 2 grill cut outs but having looked on the internet at sprint images, they all seem to have the 4 vent look?!

Many thanks :)

#3 ·
Hi and welcome :)
By bonnet cut outs do you mean the front grille? as the bonnet shouldnt have any vents. The front grille has 4 spaces just at the badge?

There is a few specs/models/trim levels. Depends what you are looking for, personally I have the 'Cool Blue' which has 16inch wheels, Blue Alcantara (suede) seats with Black Leather 1.8.

The Sprint models have a nice trim similar seats to the 'Cool Blue' but they normally have silver centre console and silver trim on steering wheel, best thing to do would be shop around and see what you like most :)

#6 ·
Thanks guys, both helpful :)

Did post a link, but being new to site wasn't aware that it had to be approved by a moderator?

I did mean the front grille....this is how new I am to the MG lol! I shall continue searching the internet and looking at the pics...there seem to be so many types though.

#8 ·
It sounds like the one you have viewed has had a newer chinese TF bumper fitted, this is often just a cosmetic change as arguably the newer bumper is better (not everyone's opinion, but it is mine at least). However it's worth checking that the car wasn't involved in an accident and if it has, if it was declared and repaired properly.

All MG Rover TF's have the slatted front bumper out of the factory...

MG Rover Bumper:

Chinese MG Bumper:

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.