MG-Rover.org Forums banner

Pride Of Longbridge Convoy - MG-R South

13K views 130 replies 12 participants last post by  fathead431 
#1 · (Edited)
If you're wanting to convoy up to Pride Of Longbridge, put your name down here!

I suggest we meet at Tothill Services, A34 Newbury Bypass, RG20 9BX. We can fill up on fuel and on McDonalds, and it's along the route that most will be taking anyway:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr=Tothill+Services,+A34+Newbury+Bypass,+Burghclere,+Reading,+West+Berkshire+RG20+9BX+(McDonald's+Tothill+Services)&daddr=Unknown+road+to:Cofton+Park,+Low+Hill+Lane,+Rednal,+Birmingham,+B45+8UN,+United+Kingdom&hl=en&ll=51.851049,-1.669922&spn=1.428548,3.924866&sll=51.887087,-1.141891&sspn=0.356846,0.981216&geocode=FWmEDwMdjIjr_yEPnbsn3nYKug%3BFcB-FwMdB67t_w%3BFaVNHwMdGY_h_yGgZ7-U9oAGEw&t=h&mra=pr&z=9

The beaconsfield/south east convoy is leaving at 8. If we leave the services at 8 o'clock sharp then we should, according to google maps, meet them at the M40/A34 crossover (point B) at exactly the same time:broon:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Add this to your signatures if you wish:

MG-R South - Pride Of Longbridge Convoy!
>Thread here!<

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attending:
fathead431 - MK1 Rover 45 1.4
Ojenkins - MK2 MG ZR TD
Forrestt - Rover Streetwise TD
GucciZS - MK2 MG ZS 1.6
BizzleZR - MK2 MG ZR+ 1.4
Euan2009 - MK2 Rover 25 TD
Meekster - MK1 Rover 25 1.1
matt561 - MK2 Rover 45 TD
csutcliff - MG TF 160 80th
horney - MG ZT 135+
(Chris from Halfords) - MK1 MG ZS 1.8

Site plan for the day:

See less See more
#2 ·
Im deffinatly up for it, put me down as a YES!!! us worth getting a phone number from one of the guys in the Beaconsfield convoy? then we can assure we do meet up at said point? and meeting at 8 what time will we get to longbridge? as I seem to remember when I picked my car up from there when I first got it, it was a good few hours trip!!

so we need to be meeting at 7.15/7.30 for a 8 promt leave?!

#5 · (Edited)
Can someone just confirm the dates for me, assuming I'm not working I would be up for this.

2 things, I believe paul is currently the man with the MG-R south stickers so he is probably the best person to speak for that,
Also is there anyone closer to southampton I can meet with on the way to the services otherwise I'm going to be very bored on the first bit of the drive.

#16 ·
Yea depending on work I will be going. If i'm not working then I will come for the journey will be good fun and very interesting to see all the other cars.

You know we are planning to meet up before hand, are people taking their car somewhere to be cleaned or doing it themselves. If you are cleaning up for a cleaning session before we come.

#17 ·
I'll be cleaning my car myself before I leave if the weather predictions are good. if they look bad, i'll just take it to the polish carwash the evening before :)

some of us can meet up at halfords in winchester, but we'll stop at tothill services for fuel and a chat anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.